I found this question / answer on another forum......

by Harry O-1, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 07:02 (4007 days ago)

Although it was about the shutdown of the Veterans memorial, it is a question that has been discussed here from time to time. The general thought here is that some of the younger police and military would follow orders, but the majority would not. I don't think so any more.

"I guess this answers the question that many have asked: Will the police follow orders to confiscate guns or shoot their owners when it comes to that."

"Looks like following orders (even if they are plainly illegal) comes natural to a lot of people." ------ and not just Germans.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 07:49 (4007 days ago) @ Harry O-1

I have thought that all along - LEO / military will follow orders to act against their own people; not 100% will but enough so those that don't can be removed.

by anachronism, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 09:04 (4007 days ago) @ Harry O-1

I've been thinking this scenario over for some time. Most of the LEO/Military aren't going to risk their job security, and that of their families, for people they don't even know. There will be mavericks, but they'll be fairly easily contained. Bottom line? We're screwed.

I can't speak for anyone else- but I won't.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 10:15 (4007 days ago) @ Harry O-1

My Chief and I have already had this conversation. Two badges will go clink on the desk--mine and his--and we'll see where it goes from there.

Based on the people I know I'd say that a higher

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 11:31 (4007 days ago) @ Harry O-1

percentage of the officer corps is going to toe the line than the enlisted. Some will simply find someplace else to be or will be slow to respond.

I think there is a realization or fear in the current regime that a sufficient number of "oathkeepers" are out there to possibly disrupt their plans and that this has been the motivation to initiate the current training changes that screen out the "oathkeepers" in favor of the "loyalists". You might note that they are also taking the Chinese approach to religion removing those chaplains that don't hold their view of religion.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I think we now sell them about $370 new, $300 or a little

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 20:50 (4006 days ago) @ Sarge

more if used. Most used ones aren't used much!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I'm guessing this reply goes to a different post??

by mcassill, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 07:01 (4006 days ago) @ Hobie

??

I'm guessing this reply goes to a different post??

by Brian A, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 08:35 (4006 days ago) @ mcassill

Probably, I'm not aware of badges being that expensive, unless they belonged to important historical figures.

LOLZ... a little levity is appreciated!

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, October 11, 2013, 22:29 (4004 days ago) @ Hobie

nm

I'll save them the trouble...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, October 11, 2013, 22:32 (4004 days ago) @ Hobie

after almost 30 years of this silliness, I'll be removing myself at the first opportunity ;)

Yep, and I am not sure how that happened either!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, October 13, 2013, 15:13 (4003 days ago) @ mcassill

:-P

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread