Edit: Gunsite Scout Rifle : I would like to trade this for a

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:21 (4015 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:31

Frontier Scout. I have t 5 and 10 round steel as well as the original plastic 5 round mag. It's autographed by Ed Head...:-) He's a friend and the man that pushed for the updated Scout. I just don't like the removable magazines.
Also Interested in trades or 800.00 in folding money.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Rob, what is it about the mags you don't like?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 07:05 (4014 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Curious as I have been trying to convince myself I "need" one of these.

Rob, what is it about the mags you don't like?

by Drago, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 11:47 (4014 days ago) @ Hoot

Not Rob, (and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night),the plastic Ruger magazines have had feeding issues. There is a tutorial on the Scout Rifle Forum on modifying them to feed properly. www.scoutrifle.org/index.php?topic=2275.0 The metal (expensive ones) work fine.

slow to load and hang down in the way. I like the flush

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 11:53 (4014 days ago) @ Hoot

plate of the traditional bolt action rifle. I find myself grabbing my sleek 77 international in 308 more than the Scout.

--

I have not had any issues with m ine...haven't used it that

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 12:03 (4014 days ago) @ Drago

much...I wish that Ruger had chosen the far more plentiful and easier to load HK or metric FN/fal mags...just like making their own inferior Mini 30 mag instead of using the cheap and plentiful AK mag... Ruger engineers were afraid of out of spec mags...

--

RSS Feed of thread