Tech sights for Ruger 10-22 for sale....

by Byron, Monday, September 30, 2013, 08:19 (4016 days ago)

I have a set of these fine service style peep sights for a Ruger 10-22 for sale.

http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm

These are the base model with elevation on the front and windage on the rear. Retail is $59.00...

They are in perfect condition, used for a Appleseed qualification and then replace with a 1-4X scope.

Delivered to you for $50.00

First "Sold" gets them.

Byron

sold,,for take down model -- ideal.

by John Meeker @, Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:38 (4016 days ago) @ Byron

contact: marshgrrl usual g mail usual com -- also FB, if needed.

Doggone, beat by an iPad that argued with spelling!

by Otony, Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:41 (4016 days ago) @ John Meeker

Otony, sigh

:-) That is sorta funny right there...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 30, 2013, 11:05 (4016 days ago) @ Otony

Laughing with not at brother:-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I'm making lemonade right now....

by Otony, Monday, September 30, 2013, 15:01 (4016 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

;-)

Doggone, ..y'know, I was dithering about as well----

by John Meeker @, Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:29 (4016 days ago) @ Otony

...your note caused me a rueful grin, for it had to be by mere electrical molecules that my message arrived first. Should the sights not be what I need vs. what I thot I needed, y'r next, then. Same deal.

I have a cheapo red dot on the gun, and while pret quick, it's bulky. And it won't fit into the old violin case, with which I wanted to tote it around -- with some 50rd'rs. Interesting, one of gun mags had a small test on sight quickness -- more opinion and small sampling than science -- about irons, scope, red-dot & mebbe peeps? - as to what gave the fastest acquisition and highest percentage of hit/scores.

Cross hair-ed scope was fastest!! Now, the shooters were NOT Seal-level Tactical guys, or folks with some combat tours, etc. Stilll, it was interesting. My first sights were peeps, I shot Jr rifle with peeps, and still look for that front sight first - rifle or handgun -- and unfortunately, on shotguns where you shouldn't 'look-at', at all.

The doorkicker AR got a red-dot and light, but that's whole different goal, there. So...peeps it'll be ...unless usage and older eyes say nay.

Condolences on y'r miss, but there's always more of about anything -- unless y'r a certain Texas gun dealer of fabulous, drooool-worthy, and rare hand-shootin' goods. ;~`)

Sold!

by Otony, Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:40 (4016 days ago) @ Byron

Please send your contact info to:

aveni1955 AT gmail DOT com

Thank you, sir!

Otony

Please talk about the scope, now that the sights are sold

by Bruce in WV, Monday, September 30, 2013, 12:17 (4016 days ago) @ Byron

I took a new 10/22 with a full size 6x Tasco to the range, and it was not a good fit. Too much power, too big and ungainly, parallax problem at 50 yds, whine, whine,whine...
I'd like a more compact scope made for rimfire shooting. Do you mind sharing what you put on your rifle after the sights came off?

Tech sights for Ruger 10-22 for sale....

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, September 30, 2013, 15:10 (4016 days ago) @ Byron

Your going to like those sights! I have a set on my Ruger 10/22 . did the appleseed in 2010. the only thing better is a good scope, and I did not say Cheap scope.:-D

Endorsement -- good:::::

by John Meeker @, Monday, September 30, 2013, 16:11 (4016 days ago) @ Fivegunner

like irons Where do I send funds, or did I miss it..

Yes, John beat out Otony by 2 seconds......

by Byron, Monday, September 30, 2013, 18:54 (4016 days ago) @ John Meeker

My poor little old tired pea brain could not figure out "marshgrrl usual g mail usual com"

Please contact me at: yrusik@yahoo.com

Privileged to serve,

Byron

Snail addy and phone out....

by John Meeker @, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 23:07 (4013 days ago) @ Byron

to yrusik@yahoo.com.

thank you.

Yep, you sure are....

by Catoosa, Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:10 (4015 days ago) @ Fivegunner

I have a set of those on my Mini-14. It's an older non-Ranch-rifle that had the original aperture rear sight that always seemed like looking over a pile of 55-gallon drums. The Tech-sight is as close as I've found to the M1/M14 sight, one of the best battle sights ever.

My Mini-14 also wears a 2 1/2 power shotgun scope in a quick-detach mount that actually DOES return to zero when taken off and replaced. The SG scope has a heavy crosshair with a circle in the center and fine crosshairs inside the circle. It is lightning fast when using the circle, and still fairly precise when using the inner crosshairs.

RSS Feed of thread