WTS - Bowen .50 Special with many extras

by cubrock, Saturday, September 28, 2013, 11:28 (4018 days ago)

WTS - Bowen .50 Special. Made in 1994ish, so one of Bowen's early .50 Specials. I've enjoyed owning the gun, but find myself in the midst of an employment transition and am upping my liquidity now rather than waiting to get to the desperate stage. Gun has only very light, very minor wear that won't really photograph well. You can see some light marks around the base pin in one photo, but they are very small. It is in really nice shape. Has custom fancy wood stocks. Fantastic shooter - got 1-1.5" groups at 25 yards with it with a 350-360 WFN bullet over 9.5-10 grains of Unique. With that load, recoil is enough to let you know you shot something, but more of a heavy push than anything else. I found it much easier than my .44 Magnums in the recoil department.

Comes with the following extras:

RCBS .50 Special dies - 3 die set with shell holder.

240 +/- fired brass (all reloadable - I didn't see any bad cases in there. This cartridge is very easy on brass)

240 +/- new brass (according to the original owner, from whom I got the components - all 480 pieces of brass were formed from .348 Winchester brass by Ben Forkin)

370 +/- bullets - all appear to be 350 grain WFN with gas checks, although he had some 360 grain bullets mixed in with one batch that I shot. The bullet designs were different enough I sorted them visually by meplat size. Anyway, can't guarantee I got them all separated.

4 MTM 64-round plastic cartridge cases sized for .50 Special/.500 Linebaugh

1 brand new Mountain Molds custom mold - around a 350 grain bullet. Never cast with it due to time constraints in the last year.

1 brand new Lee 6-cavity custom mold for a 300 to 325ish grain WFN plain base bullet. Again - never had time to try it out, although it looks like a really interesting bullet.

RCBS charges over $400 for the dies, now. Given that, the extras would cost around $1000+ if purchased separately. I will sell the whole package for $3100 shipped. I am firm on that price - if I can't get that, I will likely keep it all and find something else to move. I'm not interested in trades unless they are financially weighted in my favor, as I'd just be selling any trade goods. I'll ship the gun to your FFL dealer from mine and the extras will come to you directly via Priority Mail. If you add the cost of the base gun and the extra touches on this one to what Bowen would charge for the conversion now, it is pretty much like getting all those components and molds for free.

Please email me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com

Pics here

by cubrock, Saturday, September 28, 2013, 11:28 (4018 days ago) @ cubrock

Original post was too long with links to the pics.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Go here for pics

by cubrock, Saturday, September 28, 2013, 11:31 (4018 days ago) @ cubrock

The site's spam filter isn't letting me post them.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=189185

RSS Feed of thread