H&R Sportsman, finally shot it.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:22 (4024 days ago)

Wonderful day Saturday:I have been changing sights on the family defense rifles got them all zeroed. I had an SP1 upper that required eccentric front pin to mate it to a newer lower. There is a apx 1/32" gap between the receivers, I doubted if it would even feed> First two and all subsequent rounds into the black at 25 long paces. I will try this one out more. It is light and handy. Byron mentioned this as a good way to go, and I agree. simple lightweight etc. I don't have a fixed A1 stock, but the 6 position version works better for the gals in the family.
Same With the little H&R Sportsman! It right on. One user caused jam: slipped a case under the ejector star while trying to dump the brass into a bucket... I traded in a Rock River 1911 it too shoots better than I can crisp trigger etc hits to point of aim at 7 and 35 paces. Yes, you folks convinced me to try one, I have I like it!
Last spring I traded into a Kimber /Bull plastic framed Hi-cap .45 with 8 factory mags. It is dead on and seems to have lots of potential. This was my first chance to shoot it.
I paid cash for a couple Star PDs, on Friday. They both came with one spare magazine: they both shot 3 inches low. My eyes are so bad for close up, I can hardly see the rear sights adjustments anymore...new bifocals for shooting and close in are due in this week Long vision is still 20/20... but my arms are barely long enough for me to see details up close. Upshot of it I need to shoot these PDs more and get them to point of aim.
my new to me 4" M19 was hitting low and left, but is now on, for me. I managed to hit some elephant sized rocks regularly at 200 yards (could only hear the 148 wadcutter loads could see the 173 +P rounds hit.)
We have had a very wet monsoon and the range has greened up nicely. Water in all the cattle tanks and most of the creeks. Temps were perfect.
I should have taken some pictures.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Sounds like a fine day!!!

by woody, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:48 (4024 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Nm

Dandy way to spend a Saturday.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, September 23, 2013, 07:38 (4023 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I've had the same occasional issue with the Sportsman and other top breaks. There is a technique of running the barrel vertical when emptying and I usually have to relearn it every time I break them out. :-|

RSS Feed of thread