I did some horse trading last night

by ScottL, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 09:00 (4025 days ago)

I traded off a rifle and ended up with a Uberti .357, brass grip frame, CCH , no screw grips and a sweet trigger pull. I also got a Hoytt bow and some cash on the deal.

[image]

[image]

I don't know anything about this little popper other than it feels real good in my hand. I know even less about the stick flinger I traded into.

Sweet!

by rob @, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 09:57 (4025 days ago) @ ScottL

I've actually had a couple Uberti's in 45 Colt and they were fitted extremely well and tight, timed perfectly and very accurate. I wouldn't mind picking one up in .357 at all.

More info

by ScottL, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 10:05 (4025 days ago) @ ScottL

The top of the barrel is marked Mitchell Arms Santa Ana - CA Made in Italy.

The left side of the barrel is marked Single Action Army .357 Magnum

The bottom of the barrel is marked A. Uberti-Italy with three stamps. It looks like there are four stamps by the serial number. Patent numbers on the left side of the frame and CAT. 1522 on the right.

Sweet looking popper..

by Murphy @, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 12:22 (4025 days ago) @ ScottL

And, there just isn't a lot you can't get done with a good load in a .357

That sticky flinger, depending on the brand and what all came with it may have put you into an even better thing than you realize. As an added plus, always nice to have something that quiet and leathal handy if the need arises.

Murphy

I did some horse trading last night

by Catoosa, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 21:11 (4025 days ago) @ ScottL

Izzat bow a recurve or compound? Slick, or does it have gizmos on it like sight, stabilizer, etc?

I like it.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:44 (4024 days ago) @ ScottL

Even if it is a .357....(running and ducking) ;-)

Good looking thumb buster,

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 14:57 (4024 days ago) @ ScottL

The bow

by ScottL, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:07 (4024 days ago) @ Catoosa

It's a Hoyt XT2000 combound. It has a three dot fiber optic sight and a fancy adjustable arrow rest and some balance thingermajig hangin out up front. It has a 4 arrow quiver and I got about 10 arrows and a soft case. I didn't get any tips so I'll need to pick some up. I've never had a compound before and it's been over ten years since I've shot my recurve. It's time to learn a new skill I guess. At least there's no powder or primers to buy.

The bow

by Catoosa, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 22:00 (4023 days ago) @ ScottL

I never could shoot worth a flip using a bowsight, mechanical release, and all that other stuff. I learned to shoot a bow many years ago before all that stuff existed, and just never could transition to the modern way of doing things. I finally went back to instinct shooting - just looking at the target, bringing the bow up as I draw, and releasing as soon as my hand touches my cheek. I was astonished at how accurately I could shoot that way. At fairly short range, at least.

RSS Feed of thread