Well, tomorrow I give my baby girl away...

by rob @, Friday, September 20, 2013, 23:12 (4026 days ago)

Wasn't easy just going through the rehearsal and walking her down the isle for pretend. This kid better do his dead level best to love her like I do. Gonna be a long night tonight.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 05:15 (4025 days ago) @ rob

Congrats! I'm sure you've raised her right to make good decisions. But in the end, we all know whoever she picks won't be good enough for daddy!

She could have done a lot worse...

by rob @, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:33 (4025 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Good Christian young man and a Marine and I know he genuinely loves her but I've only had her for 19 years and I'm not sure I'm ready to let her go just yet:) Hard to turn the worry machine off!

by Fowler, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:41 (4025 days ago) @ rob

Wouldn't matter if she was 40 you would feel the same. Congrats on the new family member.

by ScottL, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:49 (4025 days ago) @ rob

My baby girl is 6 and I already dread giving her up. Some boy is going to have to earn it.

Trust me Brother...

by rob @, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 09:51 (4025 days ago) @ ScottL

I know! :)

Congratulations! I hope you all have a blessed day. He

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 11:21 (4025 days ago) @ rob

sounds like what every father would hope his SIL to be.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Charles, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 12:03 (4025 days ago) @ rob

This is never an easy thing to do. Remember you are not "giving her away", it is just a loan as long as he treats her well.

by Murphy @, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 12:16 (4025 days ago) @ rob

Yep, never an easy thing. The men folk can handle themselves, but when it comes to the ladies in our lives it's a whole nother story.

Best wishes on the new SIL.

Murphy

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 14:56 (4025 days ago) @ rob

Best wishes for the bride and broom and for the parents, well, it was bound to happen and she will always be your daughter.

Hope it all went well Rob.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:45 (4024 days ago) @ rob

I gave my daughter away in 2011. Her husband is a great father and a real good egg. They now have two beautiful daughters. Keep reminding yourself: grandkids will be your reward.

Thanks Hoot...picture...

by rob @, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:41 (4024 days ago) @ Hoot

It's been so hectic I forgot to update. Everthing went well. They called me in for pictures and I saw this:[image]
I wasn't prepared for it and that's kinda where I lost it. After that it was pretty smooth sailing...I just told her jokes as we were waiting for the bridal march to keep my composure...it mostly worked:) She a beautiful young lady, and great new son in law and grand kids when they come will likely be twins as most everyone in Larry's family is a twin, including, Larry and his brother and his father and all those siblings:) I told them to hold off and save money for a while...we have grand kid #1 to hold us over till they are ready:) The pic is fuzzy because I slid in for the picture fast and tried to stay out of the photographer's way. Hopefully we'll get some better ones up on FB soon.

If I may say,

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, September 23, 2013, 07:44 (4023 days ago) @ rob

You have a beautiful daughter. Congratulations and all the best for the new family.

Thanks Hoot:)

by rob @, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 07:08 (4022 days ago) @ Hoot

She's a great kid...well, still seems like a kid to me:) I'm very proud of her.

RSS Feed of thread