Another great sixgunner went home.

by uncowboy, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:20 (4028 days ago)

It saddens me to tell you that Frank Himshoot aka Himmy aka Pa Frank Has lost his year long bout with cancer. He passed Monday night.
I met Frank through this board and when we all got together for the NorEaster shoot. We bonded and were good friends with common interests. He was a great shot and an excellent gunsmith. He did a thread on fixing up a basket case OM 357 that looked unreal when he was done. He also started the chicken shoot at the noreaster , Shooting a rimfire sixgun up side down at tiny steal chicken.
I will miss my friend. J.Michael

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:45 (4028 days ago) @ uncowboy

Sorry for your loss of a good friend, and for his family.

by jgt, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 14:50 (4028 days ago) @ uncowboy

My condolences. Good friends are life's gifts to us.

Aww man.

by cas, Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 19:57 (4028 days ago) @ uncowboy

That's not what I was wanting to hear, or the name I was wanting to read when I opened this thread. I just came from a friends fathers funeral and didn't need more news like this.

Frank H. was a heck of a nice guy, a "shirt off his back" kind of guy. He's one that I really regretted living so far away from, only being able to see him once every few years.

As I mentioned elsewhere, my brother in law, whom was my hunting partner and one of my best friends, died of cancer in 2009. The day he passed was the second day of our last informal "Nor Easter" like get together. I was with Frank when I got the news in a sort of surreal fashion. He took me in his jeep for a ride around the property, and when we reached a hill top clearing I finally got a signal on my phone and got the voice message from my father that Rich had passed. It was a terrible way to get that news. Frank knew I was upset and we just kind of sat there for a few minutes in the jeep on that hilltop. I liked Frank for many reasons, but that was one of the last and strongest memories I have of him.

Hard to believe that 3 of the original Nor Easter folks are now longer with us, Jim, Jeff and now Frank. Pete Martin came the second time around, he would be number four if you count from there. I wonder if there are others.

Man what a heck of a good guy. I missed him as it was.

[image]

Great epitaph, makes wish I had known him myself.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 09:28 (4027 days ago) @ cas

I think back to around 98 99 when I started using the web because of JT's mentioning of sixgunner or the campfire... all the great friends and acquaintances that I have met or just talked to on the phone and web, lives shared kids, men, their families, laughed about and stressed about cried& mourned for etc. So much more to say about it... all the best you fine folks...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 10:28 (4027 days ago) @ uncowboy

That man will be missed by many. He was kind, thoughtful & giving.

by uncowboy, Thursday, September 19, 2013, 16:24 (4027 days ago) @ Creeker

That's me shooting next to Frank. If you look at the front sights they were made by Frank. Just one of his many talents.

RSS Feed of thread