Goodyear - Anti Gun

by matt/pa @, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 17:07 (4031 days ago)

I attempted to shop at a Goodyear store this afternoon. I was very surprised to find a "No Concealed Weapons" sign posted on their front door. I turned around and left and will not shop there, or purchase any of their products, due to their anti-gun policies.

I went on their website and sent them a note explaining what happened.

Just thought you might want to know...in case you want to modify your purchasing patters as well.

Matt/PA

Can't get any mileage out of their tires anyway....

by rob @, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 17:45 (4031 days ago) @ matt/pa

Trying some Coopers on the Jeep right now and they seem to be holding up better.

Goodyear - Anti Gun

by Catoosa, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 22:03 (4031 days ago) @ matt/pa

I wonder if that's a company policy, or just the policy of that particular store? If it's that store manager I'll bet his tune could be changed if a few more customers tell him very pointedly why they they won't be patronizing his store.

If it's a company policy I got a problem with that. Always preferred Goodyear tires, but no more if they're gonna be that way.

This is not new, and it IS company policy, not just local...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:07 (4030 days ago) @ matt/pa

Maybe it is based on their lousy customer service...

by stonewalrus, Monday, September 16, 2013, 11:09 (4030 days ago) @ matt/pa

I've dealt with car dealerships that I almost wondered about how they kept from getting shot...

This is not new, and it IS company policy, not just local...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 08:35 (4029 days ago) @ Paul

I retired from Goodyear. It was against company policy to have firearms on company property, except the shooting range in Akron. Did have a nice range, park and lake for employee use until they sold all that off around 2007-2008.

RSS Feed of thread