WTB Marlin 336

by woody, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 15:57 (4036 days ago)

I'm looking for an older Marlin 336 for a project I have in mind. Anyone have one for sale? Or know where there is one for sale? Thanks.

I will look around.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 23:36 (4036 days ago) @ woody

mine is a keeper;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I found one at Williams Gun sights but.....

by woody, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 04:59 (4035 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

They will not ship to New York. I guess I will not be putting the sightsee anymore of my guns!!! Planned on there peep sight on this gun when I find one.

I assume most don't know about the stupidity we face....

by cas, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 07:53 (4035 days ago) @ woody

....here in NY. It's bad enough we get shat upon by our politicians and our government, but its made worse by the stupidity we have to endure from the firearms industry and associated dealings.

Here' a federally licensed firearms dealer who won't ship a lever action rifle to another federally licensed firearms dealer.
Why the &@$% not!? Is it fear of some made up, self invented law? Even if this was an "evil assault rifle" it's still 100% legal to send it to an FFL.

Or is it spite? Do they feel they're somehow slighting NY and hurting it by not sending things here? All it really is, is surrender. They're giving the state exactly what it wants. The only people they're really hurting is shooters. Their customers, in reality hurting themselves.

We in NY go through this constantly with companies that won't ship this or that here, despite it being totally legal. Too lazy or too stupid to find out I guess. It's so incredibly frustrating to be set upon from both side, we get it from "the enemy" and those who are supposed to be on our side.

Usually someone will reply "well why don't you vote those people out and you wouldn't have this problem." Genius. Great theory... so tell me, why didn't you not elect Obama two times?

I assume most don't know about the stupidity we face....

by woody, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 08:21 (4035 days ago) @ cas
edited by woody, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 08:30

I totally agree. So as little as it matters I will not ever buy from Williams directly again. Sucks because I like there sights. There is nothing on there site stating it but the guy I spoke with said a note hangs by the register. Im going to call back today to talkto someone else. He named a few other states too. I e had the same problem with knives. I used to order fr knives plus out of Texas. But the stopped shipping here too because of NYC.

I love it too when someone says you voted for them or even better just move out of NY. Just what I want to do. Uproot my family move away from all my other family and friends. Plus leave the area I love for all its hunting,fishing, etc.

They don't know.

by Drago, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 09:14 (4035 days ago) @ cas

There is a mentality out there that says, "If we don't sell to California or New York, or Maryland or where ever, then they'll change their laws." as if the gun buyers are the ones passing the (anti)-gun laws.

Some retailers are holding state gov agencies to the

by John K., Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 09:25 (4035 days ago) @ cas

exact same laws the locals must endure. Sounds good to me - I'm tired of the "exemptions" the politicians regularly attach to laws. Apply them equally or not at all.

That said, other retailers are backing out entirely for a several different reasons. One, they really don't want to try and figure out which laws apply to CA, NY, NJ, etc., not to mention city regs. Two, like Ruger, they are selling everything as fast as they can get/make it. No need to address the extra headache. Hopefully, that will ease up soon as the panic subsides. I think it is subsiding a bit as AR component prices are dropping - the pipeline is finally filling up.

Also, FFL dealers are largely NOT gun people; they are just trying to make a living. They can quote day-to-day prices on items and yet still describe different finishes as "black" and "silver" instead of blued/stainless. Their grasp of changing gun laws is tenuous at best, so some are just erring on the side of caution.

"I'm tired of the "exemptions" the politicians regularly

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 10:22 (4035 days ago) @ John K.

attach to laws." tired of this. It s so very wrong on it's face: we are equal in this nation, no person or entity should have more rights than others. No NFA guns for LEO in states that forbid their citizens those guns etc.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread