mystery relic revolver

by AkRay, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 02:54 (4039 days ago)

What do you suppose this is? You can see the hinge in front of the triggerguard, which makes me think it's a Harrington & Richardson something or other.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=471425172891284&set=gm.524835020863753&...

Iver Johnson maybe?

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 07:47 (4039 days ago) @ AkRay

The shape of the trigger guard.......

by Otony, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 09:02 (4039 days ago) @ AkRay

.....would tend to make me believe it is a Hopkins & Allen.

Otony

Yep typical Alaskan gun....

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 09:59 (4039 days ago) @ AkRay

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

The shape of the trigger guard.......

by uncowboy, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 10:00 (4039 days ago) @ Otony
edited by uncowboy, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 10:08

You can see the raised letters on the side . It is a very rare Gorden 33 caliber pin fire . Only 3 known to exist in the world and the last one sold at Christie's Auction for $420000.00 that was 3 years ago. A box of the very rare ammo went with the gun causing the very high price. Gorden was a very talented gun maker who was blind in his left eye and had lost his right hand as a child. All his guns were hand made one offs and Holland and Holland were known to say that they strived to match his quality .Even in that condition I am sure collectors would pay big bucks for it. The only thing to add to this post is it should have been posted on April 1st.
J.Michael :-D

mystery relic revolver

by Catoosa, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 22:31 (4039 days ago) @ AkRay

Where did you find that? I have been wondering for years what ever happened to that gun!

It was one of my favorites because it always gave the caps a good solid whack and always set them off. I dropped it once and broke the plastic grips when another kid ambushed me and I had to "die" very spectacularly, so I made a new set out of a piece of board from an apple crate.

Don't know what happened to the carved, studded holster and the belt with the six plastic bullets, either.:-D

Look at the cylinder locking notch and square butt

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, September 08, 2013, 05:55 (4038 days ago) @ AkRay

If it was an Iver Johnson it would have a round butt and only the third model (smokeless) had the S&W type cylinder locking notches.

I say its a H&R. Seems they had square but models and S&W type locking notches. Not sure about an Hopkins and Allen, but it seems they had the old type slanted locking notches that depended upon the hand on the hammer to hold the cylinder in place during firing jus like the older Iver Johnson Owl heads.

Either a 32 or a 38 or course.

Bob

Pretty sure that's a cap pistol, guys.....

by Catoosa, Monday, September 09, 2013, 22:59 (4037 days ago) @ AkRay

Looks like one I used to have, long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.....

RSS Feed of thread