"Mousegun" saves the day

by Catoosa, Friday, September 06, 2013, 22:30 (4040 days ago)

Assasinated a rather large mouse under the hood of my wife's car this morning, without putting a hole in anything but the mouse. Durn thing was trying to build a nest on top of the air cleaner housing with the car sitting right in the carport. Left the hood up and a piece of cheese on top of the air filter housing, then teched the critter off with a Daisy 880 pellet rifle when it came up to dine. DRT, with no collateral damage to the car. Wife is happy, and that's never a bad thing......

"Mousegun" saves the day

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 07:05 (4039 days ago) @ Catoosa

I learned to shoot (shoot GOOD that is) with an 880. Wore it out, rebuilt it and wore it out again. It was one of the old, original metal frame ones. Is that what you have, or is it one of the new generation plastic ones?

"Mousegun" saves the day

by uncowboy, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 10:06 (4039 days ago) @ Paul

Mouse ate the electric connection plug on my moms car, cost me $378.00 at the dealers to fix.

"Mousegun" saves the day

by Catoosa, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 22:03 (4039 days ago) @ Paul

It's one of the older ones. My uncle bought it years ago to try to keep the jaybirds out of his pecan trees. I got it after he passed on.

Reminds my of a story. One of Uncle Jack's neighbors bitched to the cops about him killing the blue jays in his pecan trees. They came out and told him to stop. He then got some bottle rockets, and I made him a rocket launcher out of a length of aluminum tubing with a pistol grip and a slot in the muzzle to let the fuse stick out so's he could light it with a lighter. He got pretty accurate with it. The bitchy neighbor called the cops again and told them that Uncle Jack was now shooting at the birds with a "long pistol". A cop staked out his house and watched until Uncle Jack came out and shot a bottle rocket up into one of the trees.

The officer then drove over to the house and demanded to see the "gun" he was firing. Uncle Jack showed the rocket launcher to the officer and explained how it worked. The cop sat with Uncle Jack on the back steps, shot up about half a pack of rockets at the birds, then handed the launcher back to him with a big grin and said, "Carry on, Mr. Pryor. I'll tell your neighbor you are not harming the birds or doing anything wrong!"

Sweet!

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 07, 2013, 22:19 (4039 days ago) @ Catoosa

I've parts and pieces of an older model I'd love to get going someday. Haven't found a source for the needed parts nor had time to try and figure a way to get it going with home built.

There's a lot to be said for the newer PCP guns with integral suppression. With a smidgeon of care you can snipe nasty pests and the neighbors will never know...

Daisy 880/881 Parts

by FOG, Sunday, September 08, 2013, 03:34 (4038 days ago) @ Paul

JG Airguns, LLC
Daisy 880/881 Parts

I don't know how many parts these guns have, but JG Airguns stocks 49 of them.

HTH :-)

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread