anybody recognize any of this old stuff?

by bj2, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 22:13 (4041 days ago)

I think this stuff came from my uncle's estate. I don't recognize any of it except for the couple of .30 Newton dies on the right.

The 2 large black pieces in the middle are stamped Winchester. There are 3 pieces underneath that are threaded and cone-shaped- these look like shellholders. There are a couple of pieces to the left that look like they might be bullet sizing dies.

[image]

Search for Winchester 1894 tool and you will find info.

by John K., Thursday, September 05, 2013, 23:14 (4041 days ago) @ bj2

Personally don't know much about them.

anybody recognize any of this old stuff?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, September 06, 2013, 06:38 (4040 days ago) @ bj2

Far left looks like the ram to a press; no help on what kind though

The three threaded shell holders look familiar, I remember NOT buying a press years ago because it used that kind.

The two spring loaded deals to the right of the three shell holders look like part of a press mounted priming tool. Do the ram sizes look right for small and large primers?

Following John's lead...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 06, 2013, 10:21 (4040 days ago) @ bj2

Some usage instructions turn up in post #3 here => http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?52904-Winchester-1894-Tool

A bunch of other pictures and whatnot also turned up.

If those Newton dies need a new home, please be sure to let me know.

Thanks!

Ram on Left

by Charles, Friday, September 06, 2013, 10:50 (4040 days ago) @ bj2

is for an old Pacific C or Super C press. It is dedicated for one specific cartridge case and will be stamped on top either with a caliber or a number. Let me know what it is as I might have a use for it.

RSS Feed of thread