Somebody finally....

by Glen, Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:17 (4044 days ago)

...has combined all the features I want in a folding hunting knife -- top quality blade steel (in this case 154 CM), a 3+" drop-point blade with a reasonably deep belly, a stoutly built positive lock (AXIS lock, in this case), finger-groove body/grips, a good thumb-stud and flipper for easy opening, open-body construction (so it's easy to clean out when it gets bloody), a good choil (so my index finger doesn't slip and get cut), and textured G-10 scales for a non-slip grip (even when wet or bloody).

Boys, I really like the Benchmade Axis Flipper! (OK, the edge it comes with from the factory is nothing to write home about, but I fixed that).

[image]

[image]

Somebody finally....*****BUT!******

by bob, Monday, September 02, 2013, 21:26 (4044 days ago) @ Glen

does it come in ORANGE????

You can always write to Benchmade....

by Glen, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 00:18 (4043 days ago) @ bob

....and request one.

KAI and Spyderco also make some nice models

by bj2, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 00:28 (4043 days ago) @ Glen

Of course I'm a Benchmade fan too, but while I like the Axis lock I don't mind liner locks and integral locks either, and I've got some Spyderco's with their compression lock and their ball bearing lock.

Somebody finally....

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 13:13 (4043 days ago) @ Glen

I really like the Benchmade Bone Collector, D2 steel, axis lock, etc. I don't like the pocket clip so I remove those, but otherwise it's the best everyday carry knife I've found yet.

I carry the smaller one (Mini) with me all the time, and have the larger one in my truck.

[image]

I've been carrying a Grayman DUA for a couple years now...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 15:42 (4043 days ago) @ Glen

Nice knife!

by Glen, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 17:27 (4043 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

S30V is excellent knife steel.

RSS Feed of thread