Doesn't look like something Ted Yost did but...

by rob @, Monday, September 02, 2013, 11:39 (4044 days ago)
edited by rob, Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:08

it should stop the hammer bite until I decide what to do permanently. [image]

That's nice...

by Catoosa, Monday, September 02, 2013, 11:50 (4044 days ago) @ rob

IMHO. that is a far,far better idea than one of those abominable "duckbutt" safeties that looks and feels like some obscene dingus welded onto the back end of a 1911. I detest those things. What you have there is graceful and compact. Well done!

:-) I used the old barely there, grip safety and a Cammander

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 02, 2013, 12:50 (4044 days ago) @ Catoosa

hammer on my series 70... Before I had the Commander hammer, I had trimmed the GM spur the way Rob A. shows. I miss my Stainless series 80! it was accurate and reliable right out of the box! I think Colt really figured it out by then...if they would have just stayed focused! Double Eagle...REALLY?

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Thanks guys...

by rob @, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:25 (4044 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I just need to shoot it now but it shouldn't be possible to bite the hand that feeds it now:)

Double Eagle...

by rob @, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:28 (4044 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

A lesson in why you don't fix what ain't broke! :)

I had a Double Eagle....

by woody, Monday, September 02, 2013, 15:28 (4044 days ago) @ rob

I had a 10mm Double Eagle. What a piece of crap!!! Bought it when I was 16. It was the first 10mm I came across. I traded it for a Delta Elite after a few years of owning it. The only reason I wish I still had it is they bring some pretty high prices on gunbroker now days. Besides that it was a horrible double action auto.

I wish I had my Delta Elite back:(

by rob @, Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:07 (4044 days ago) @ woody

One gun I definitely shoulda never sold. I wouldn't mind putting the Combat type hammer on my Series 80 with the milled out/recontoured grip safety like the DE has. I just don't really like the looks of the high swept beavertail safeties. I've tried to find a Delta Elite grip safety and its nearly impossible. Some people do the reshaping themselves but I'm not that patient:)

RSS Feed of thread