Friend shot a short video of me working the barge today

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 21:35 (4056 days ago)

[image] Hope you enjoy it. Dennis

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 22:49 (4056 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

Dennis, looks to me like a 8 hr day with that beast would be a days work. What kinda schedule???:-) :-| :-|

Life blood of Alaska, right there.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 23:24 (4056 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

If it weren't for those barges folks up there would starve.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Thursday, August 22, 2013, 23:44 (4055 days ago) @ Lee J.

Lee, we are a small outfit and each and everyone of us wears many hats. During fish season is when all those refers are coming and going, seldom do we ever do the same chore for more than a couple hours at one sitting. It took the two of us just over two hours to unload that shuttle barge of 80 refers. But to reload the mainline with the loaded refers is a much longer process with just one machine on the beach and one on the barge handing off the full refers from beach to barge can take up to 12 hours and happens once a week for around 8 weeks give or take a couple depending on the fish runs in any given year. (Grin) Dennis

by Lee J. @, hagerman,NM, Friday, August 23, 2013, 06:11 (4054 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

Interesting ! Thanks :-P

RSS Feed of thread