When you are 5 and dad's princess....

by Otony, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 08:04 (4059 days ago)

......naturally you get one of these:

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/srp2.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

This is a distributor special from Ruger. If your dealership purchases so many examples of a certain model (I think the number is 10 or 12), one is provided free. Typically, the free firearm is special in some way, for example Raspberry SR22 pistols such as this are not regular production. And by the way, it isn't pink, it is an interesting shade of, um, Raspberry. We have had pink and purple SR22 pistols, and this is a distinctly different color than those were.

The program allows Ruger to gauge the popularity of model variations by the the response and requests they receive for additional guns in these versions. The SR22 pictured may soon become at least a limited production model, if it hasn't already done so.

So far this year we have received four or five free Rugers. My littlest saw a customer buy a purple SR22 that she had admired, and was dissapointed that it had not been part of HER collection, so when this Raspberry model appeared it was stashed away. She came by the shop with mama yesterday to say hello and I brought it out, asking her what she thought of it. Her response was simply "Thank you". Ah, the perks of royalty.....

Otony

by jgt, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:16 (4059 days ago) @ Otony

and it will be so much easier to find should it be dropped in the snow. :-D

Yes, that is a factor......

by Otony, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:26 (4059 days ago) @ jgt

.......and also mama liked it!

Only problem is my boy wants one now. Darn, have to see if I can find one with a blue plastic frame.

Otony

Proof pink has a place!

by FOG, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 09:56 (4059 days ago) @ Otony

Good eye, Otony! [image]

Er . . . Yer Highness :-D

--
[image]

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 18:20 (4059 days ago) @ Otony

Took the boys out today to watch some police dog competition and after they got bored, we hit a shop on the way home. In the rack there was some sort of pink stocked .22 bolt action. From across the room Wyatt (turned three yesterday) very loudly said,
"Look; a GIRL gun!" Many of us got a good laugh out of that one!

RSS Feed of thread