Have you ever?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 13:36 (4070 days ago)

- have you ever put a gun away for safekeeping because you're going out of town and then can't find it for months after you got back?

- have you ever overlooked a gun for which you are looking because its box was lost among "all the others"?

- have you ever bought a new gun to replace one you can't find but know you still have, someplace?

- have you ever, after locating the "mis-placed" gun in the spot it should have been been happy to have both it and its "replacement"?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Oh, yeah...I have very carefully stashed a Kimber...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:03 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

SOMEPLACE!:-|

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Lost a Bearcat for a couple years once..

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:47 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

:-|

Have you ever?

by Who....me...??, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:20 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

YEP !!! I lost track of a FIRST WEEK SECOND GENERATION COLT 5 1/2" 38SPL, for three years. I thought for sure I'd loaned it to Taffin and every year When I needed it I'd call him to see if he had it. He couldn't remember either and in about a month he'd call back and " nope I cannot find it anywhere." Mind you, this went on for a full three years !!! AYE yi yi yi yi........

I finally found it in the wrong labeled pistol case.

Have you ever?

by uncowboy, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:49 (4070 days ago) @ Who....me...??

Man o man I lost a colt 380 for 3 years and a Beeman p1 for more. The 380 I lent to a friend when his wife boss was killed by her boyfriend and they were afraid. They gave it back but not in a gun case ,a trash bag that got misplaced . I asked them if they had it every year till I found it by accident. The Beeman I packed up to ship to Beeman for work. My NEW wife slid the box under the bed in the guest bedroom to get it out of the way and forget about it. Three years later she pulls it out and asks me if I knew it was there, I called Beeman after a year and ask them when I was getting my gun back. Both my fault. Now that I am entering the CRS club I must write this stuff down. J.Michael

Have you ever?

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 17:01 (4070 days ago) @ uncowboy

I stashed the bolts to my 1917 Enfield & Ruger 308 back in the early 80's. I did not find them until we moved from Dallas in 92. I had already bought another 1917 bolt and was gona get another Ruger bolt after the move - anybody need a 1917 Enfield bolt ? Now I have gun safes so no stashing.....I think``

not more than 10-15 times; i am still looking for two right

by cable, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 19:25 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

now.

the worst though was once when i found a pre64 model 70 featherweight 308 under the mattress in the guest bedroom. i was only in my early 30s, i musta sneaked it in and hid it. it had been there nearly two years AND I COULDNT REMEMBER GETTING IT OR HIDING IT !!!

my first theory was that an unburglar had broken in and left it.

i eventually remembered getting it at local gun show and hiding it there.

sheesh..... i am doing better now, than then...... if i could only find that dan wesson 22 revolver, and the 1872 colt repro in 44 special...... i know they will turn up :-)

Proly under the seat of your truck, next to the ivory

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 19:35 (4070 days ago) @ cable

stocked New Frontier...
;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

.41 Mag Desert Eagle.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 20:21 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

I set it in a cardboard box while moving some items around. The lid flopped shut and I put it up. I had been out shooting it right before, and convinced myself I had left it on a table at the public range. Found it 6 months later.

Have you ever?

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 20:47 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

I lost a colt cobra for about ten months. I went to put on my 'nice' leather coat and lo and behold, there it was in the pocket with a speeoader in the off side!!

Yes and no.....

by Otony, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 21:03 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

Yes first. I was moving from an apartment I had lived in for three or four years. Under the bed I found not one, not two, but THREE .303 SMLE rifles! I could not remember for the life of me where any had come from until I finally tracked the serial numbers down in my dealer acquisition record book (I was an FFL holder at the time). I had bought four of the darn things for a song from some distributor, sold one, and stashed the rest. And yes, I was momentarily convinced that an unburgular had struck! I'm embarrassed to admit it frightened me a bit, as I simply couldn't recall anything about them. This would have been at the age of 38 or so, making it even more upsetting.

As for the No. More then once I've picked up the factory plastic box my wife's S&W 432 came in and was convinced it was empty, no resolver. The darn thing is that light!

Otony

Have you ever?

by Catoosa, Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 22:20 (4070 days ago) @ Hobie

Dad stashed a .410 before they went on vacation once, and later couldn't remember where he had hidden it. Air conditioner repairman found it a couple of years later on top of the air duct in the basement.

RSS Feed of thread