Waaayyy Left update......

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 16:52 (4080 days ago)

I tinkered around with the Ruger 77/17 Mach2......could not see anything misaligned or cut off center. Took off the scope, checked the rings, moved the rear ring to the back ring mount and remounted the scope.

Took it to the range today and test fired it. Groups more to the right now, had to adjust the windage turret almost a full turn to the left to center the group on the bullseye. Much better than being all the way right on windage and the group still being 6 inches left.

Not sure at this time what the issue was, I would guess it has something to do with the first ring cut on the receiver, as I mounted the scope the same way as I always do. Now to work on the trigger pull, a little on the heavy side and then back to the range for more testing.

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 18:51 (4080 days ago) @ Gunner

Not knowing why it changed would drive me nuts, but glad for you that it did and on to the next step

by FOG, Monday, July 29, 2013, 04:04 (4080 days ago) @ Gunner

Your story reminds me of a couple of things.

1. Always check the weak link first.

If it's electical, make sure it's plugged in − preferably before calling the 'Help Desk'. :-D

If it's a scoped rifle, the optics or mounting hardware are usually prime suspects. ;-)

2. 'If at first you don't succeed...'

Whenever a gun shoots 'wide' the first time out, it's usually me who's the culprit, so I learned a long time ago it's best to put the gun away and try again another day.

This approach has been known to draw some strange looks − plus a few more curious responses − but if you've never tried it, you might be surprised how things turn out.

--
[image]

Glad you got it working.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 14:45 (4077 days ago) @ Gunner

I "used to" have a M77/22Mag until I let Melodie shoot it.

RSS Feed of thread