Serious IWB carry

by Catoosa, Saturday, July 27, 2013, 22:36 (4081 days ago)

My sister gave me a $50 gift card from Sportsman's Warehouse for Christmas last year. We don't have a SW around here, so I have been carrying the card around since last December. Finally stopped by the SW in Chattanooga last weekend. Couldn't find anything else to spend it on, so I bought a Blackhawk CQC leather IWB holster for a 1911. Been wearing it with my Super .38 all week, and found it very well designed and comfortable. Easy on and off since it has a snap loop, and the grain-out construction and sweat guard keeps the gun pretty well protected in hot weather. A light shirt with the tails out conceals even a full-sized Government Model very nicely.

Needless to say, I don't feel under-gunned at all with this rig on......

Serious IWB carry

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 18:42 (4080 days ago) @ Catoosa

Good for you. Some folks go thru a whole bunch of holsters before finding one that works. It only took me two.

IMHO that is THE holster...

by rob @, Sunday, July 28, 2013, 19:06 (4080 days ago) @ Catoosa

I bought the 1911 one for when that was all I carried. Really made a 5" GM easy to carry IWB appendix easy and comfy. I find my GP100 4" fits it darn near perfect and it carries nicely the same way in it. The trigger isn't covered but I could care less. People have been carrying revolvers IWBA safely (even without holsters) since God gave us the cylinder guns. I now carry a P226 daily and bought the same holster for it. It says for P220/226 and it works well for the latter but its TIGHT with my P220...too tight to carry. I'm a big fan of these Blackhawk! Holsters. I like the Bruce Nelson Summer Special but I won't carry a gun anymore that doesn't separate the gun from my skin, for my sake and the gun's (sweat).

Mike Barranti , Milt Sparks, Don Hume, Leather Arsenal...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:49 (4079 days ago) @ rob

ad infinitum...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

For how I carry a pistol...

by rob @, Monday, July 29, 2013, 22:05 (4079 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

This one works best for me. There are a lot of great holsters for outdoor use but I tried for years to find exactly right holster for concealed carry and this one is so good I can't imagine finding better.

RSS Feed of thread