M1 "Paratrooper" Carbine Question....$$....

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 12:48 (4092 days ago)

...all else being equal, which is better/more desirable/more valuable: folding-stock or telescoping-stock?

M1 "Paratrooper" Carbine s all have a folding stock.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:51 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

the telescoping deal is a aftermarket stock. Steve Webb will know prices, if not serial number ranges .

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yes, that's why I had "Paratrooper" in quotes...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:02 (4092 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

...I have a guy trying to trade me my choice - one is reportedly a "REAL" Paratrooper, and the other has the telescoping stock. I figure the Paratrooper is probably worth double the other, but I don't know, and I don't want to screw the guy - he's not the purtiest man I ever saw.

"All cats are grey in the dark" Benjamin Franklin

by Jhenry, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:23 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Not that I advise this course of action of course.

I think it depends

by FOG, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:44 (4092 days ago) @ Jhenry

On the lighting... :eyepopping:

[image]

--
[image]

ICK! I saw enough of that stuff to last me a lifetime...

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 17:56 (4092 days ago) @ Jhenry

...when the Schoolmarm and I went on an anniversary trip to Canada the first of this month. Spent a couple days at Niagara, then went up to Toronto for a couple of days, where as it happens, they were having the world's largest GLBT "Pride" parade - and after the recent unpleasantness in the Supreme Court, those freaks were in a party mood! Once we figured out which side of town to stay away from, though, it wasn't really an inconvenience - but that day we spent exploring the city was a day I'd love to have back!

"I feel your pain" Bill Clinton

by Jhenry, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 18:24 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Last time I visited my one brother who lives in DC they were all over the place. I know they don't generally breed successfully so it is kind of a mystery to me.

No mystery, just Satan spreading his evil. (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 18:27 (4092 days ago) @ Jhenry

ANYWAY, I sure didn't see any M1 Carbines! (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 18:28 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

We have veered from the intent of the conversation

by Jhenry, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 21:17 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Which is something we have been known to do around here.

I sure hope you glomm onto a decent paratroop GI issue M1 carbine. I always liked them, and have never shot one. It would be a pricey truck gun, but I think it would be a good one if a guy were so inclined.

For a gun that has rec'd so many mixed reviews over the yrs

by FOG, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 22:13 (4092 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

It's surprising to me how much the 'real' carbines have appreciated.

About five years ago, I attended a large gun show with a friend who brought along an 'original' (not re-imported), high-condition, Inland M1 Carbine he wanted to sell. In my defense, I never followed the 'M1' market, but I remember thinking something like, 'I dunno. Maybe $600?'

WRONG!!!

IIRC, a dealer paid him $1400 for it.

Looking at GunBroker, it seems current asking prices for 'Paratrooper' M1 Carbines are even higher.

A LOT higher. :-(

--
[image]

If I could just say one thing about Canada

by FOG, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 22:24 (4092 days ago) @ Jhenry

The only thing I remember about the place is the spaghetti.

[image]

--
[image]

Yes, Carbine prices have been going crazy for years...

by Boge Quinn, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 10:43 (4092 days ago) @ FOG

...which is why I don't yet have one - but my Garand needs a little brother! Working on a good trade, I'll keep y'all posted.

RSS Feed of thread