Will I go to hell for this big lie?

by Charles, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 15:28 (4095 days ago)

The acquisition of another Model 19 got my memory in gear. On my first one I had a set of bone magna style grips I picked up at the Gun Show in Houston. People keep asking me if they were ivory and I said now they were bone. Bone? Where did you get those, they would ask?

Well, I said, when I was a kid on the ranch in Coleman Country Texas we found an old Comanche burial site under a flat rock on the banks of the Colorado River. I have the grips made from the shoulder blade of the dead Comanche. I told them, I felt his spirit was still in the grips.

That always spooked them a little, but I thought it was great fun. Do I need to start running ads in Texas newspapers fessing up to the whopper?

ROFL

by FOG, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 16:43 (4095 days ago) @ Charles

[image]

[image]

--
[image]

by Who....me...??, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 17:47 (4095 days ago) @ Charles

NOPE !!!! That is what they get for sticking their noses in your personal gun business.

by anachronism, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 19:25 (4095 days ago) @ Charles

I like that one. Mind if I use it? Confess to nothing... put the burden of proof on the other guy.

That ain't no lie

by Catoosa, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 22:37 (4095 days ago) @ Charles

That's just a Texan tellin' something in the usual "colorful" Texas style!:-D

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:46 (4094 days ago) @ Charles

A tellin that same story today would likely get ya a chance to meet more people with some alphabet agency than you ever imagined!

RSS Feed of thread