A new scope for the FAL

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 17:22 (4098 days ago)

Saw an ad for a Weaver 1-3x scope yesterday on a local forum. I did a little research and everyone had good stuff to say about it so I made a deal and sent off some money. The scope was waiting for me today so I pulled off the 4-12 I was using to test the accuracy of my handloads last range trip and out the Weaver in its place. The rings are pretty low, but I was still not quite lined up. I had a spare stock pack, so I stick it on there and everything lined up great! It may not be a true 1x, but it's darned close. I'm really looking forward to sighting it in and trying some up close drills with it. My max range is 100 yards, so tll help out there some vs using the irons. Need to look up some drop tables and see how it'll do at longer ranges I the opportunity ever arises. As it sits, I feel confident my 45% scale AR500 IPSC steel plates are in trouble at 100 yards!!

[image]

[image]

A new scope for the FAL

by mcassill, Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 20:21 (4098 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I like that setup. A lot.

I have wanted to try out one of the 1-3 Weavers...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 21:19 (4098 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Please keep me posted as you live with it for a while. I have a straight 4x Weaver Classic on a slug-gun and, to date, am quite satisfied.

A new scope for the FAL

by Jared, Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 23:50 (4098 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Nice, let us know how it does. That would be a good choice of I decide to scope my #3 assuming it holds up. I was thinking about getting another Leupold 1.5-4 but I didn't know Weaver had that out.

I like the look`s of that rifle

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, July 11, 2013, 06:33 (4098 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I too would like to have one like it.:-D

RSS Feed of thread