Carry gear wear

by John K., Monday, July 08, 2013, 18:53 (4100 days ago)

Here's two pics of my Surefire 6P and a Milt Sparks holster. They were both brand new about 12yrs ago.

[image]

[image]

In that time, they have be soaked with water and sweat, clawed by every type of flora SE AL has to offer, subjected to every type of industrial machinery you can imagine and used each and every day. The anodizing was worn off all the high spots from handling. The checkered rubber on/off switch in the tailcap is worn smooth. The bezel is dented from the one time I dropped it on concrete. Still, I kept it clean and functional and the leather was cleaned and treated regularly.

Retired the 6P to my truck console and upgraded to a Surefire Fury a while back. Still need to make a new holster - hopefully they will last another 12yrs.

Carry gear wear

by BobM, Ohio, Monday, July 08, 2013, 20:22 (4100 days ago) @ John K.

I've got a 6P that looks like that; bought it in the early 90s as a 6R.

They are tough flashlights. The only downside to the old

by John K., Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 12:46 (4100 days ago) @ BobM

ones was battery life and the sudden "that's all I got" when they went dark. Though you could detect a yellowing of the light that would let you know to change the batteries if you were paying close attention.

The new LED Fury solves both issues with longer battery life and a two-stage operation - when the battery gets low, it won't switch to high-beam. I like it!

They are tough flashlights. The only downside to the old

by BobM, Ohio, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 18:38 (4099 days ago) @ John K.

I've been carrying a 200 lumen LED G2X, better battery life and brighter light. I do plan on picking up a couple of Furys one of these days.

"Beausage"

by brionic @, Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 11:36 (4100 days ago) @ John K.

Beauty through usage. "Honest wear" is cliche, but meaningful.

"Beausage"

by John K., Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 13:00 (4100 days ago) @ brionic

I like that term.

RSS Feed of thread