Hey FOG, here's a challenge for you...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 14:36 (4101 days ago)

You seem to be able to turn up all kinds of parts for a wide variety of hardware. How 'bout a transfer bar for a Rexio RJ Series 22 LR? I know someone that has that model as their only piece of ordnance and they've worn a divot in the transfer bar by shooting it. Two solutions - new transfer bar or weld up the divot and then file it flat. It'd be good to have it heat treated too - but we're talking a $50 sixgun owned by someone who can't afford more right now. Anyway - if you happen to come up with a source, I'd love to hear about it.

That's a tough one

by FOG, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 15:27 (4101 days ago) @ Paul

In this case, about all I can do is offer 'generic' info. :-(

1. Rexio

The factory website is in Spanish.

I don't guess you need to, but you can translate it via Google.

2. RSA Enterprises (US Distributor)

"...Rexio firearms and their parts..."

3. Facebook

The factory also has a Facebook page.

HTH? :-|

--
[image]

Well, you already improved things for me...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 17:24 (4101 days ago) @ FOG

I'd managed to look up the coporate headquarters in Argentina but their link to the US distributor leads to a dead website. I sent them an email via their "contact us" page, still haven't heard back. Now I can bug their US distributor too. :-D

Thanks for the help!

Glad to be of help

by FOG, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 17:42 (4101 days ago) @ Paul

:-)

For possible future reference, I also ran into the same dead link, but I 'endeavored to persevere'. :-D

Specifically, I 'selected' R.S.A Enterprises on the Roxio 'Distribuidores' webpage, then I right-clicked and Google-searched it.

Had that led me 'astray', I would have repeated the search, but with quote marks around the phrase, like so: "R.S.A Enterprises".

Then . . .

:-D

--
[image]

'Offshore Accounts' (lol)

by FOG, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 18:05 (4101 days ago) @ Paul

I'm not sure you want to 'go there' (so to speak), but my amateur research suggested there might be a few possible retail sources for Rexio "gun parts" in Argentina and/or the Philippines.

I've also done similar things before (i.e., direct overseas orders), but I suppose a lot depends on how much one 'trusts' his credit card holder. :eyepopping:

Again, Google Translate can help with the 'foreign' sites.

Otherwise, I guess a few 'secrets' are officially out. :-D

HTH :-)

--
[image]

Dagnabbit, these things keep me up at night!

by FOG, Monday, July 08, 2013, 04:24 (4101 days ago) @ Paul

[image]

The good news is, additional 'research' suggests the Rexio RJ has at least one long-lost relative.

The first hint came from a thread on the Bersa Forum, wherein no less a personage than BersaSales said,

"...the new 22 will be a completely redesigned revolver. I believe we have some parts for the old guns in stock at Eagle Imports - but am not sure which parts and how many of the ones we have. You will have to check with the office on that...."

I'd say it was all 'downhill' from there, but that would be a bald-faced lie. :-D

1. Eagle Imports

It seems they have a website.

Bully! :-D

2. The Rexio RJ

Source: Google Image Search (Advanced Version)

Search Terms: rexio rj 22

Result: Rexiode Armas -- Rexio RJ-22 9-Shot .22LR Revolver, 6” VR Barrel @ GunAuction.com (SOLD 12/10/08)

[image]

3. The Long-Lost Relative

Search Terms: "comanche i" 22 (WITH quotes)

Result: Lasserre -- Comanche I .22 9 shot revolver gunsmith special @ GunAuction.com (SOLD 5/6/09)

[image]

Hmmm... ;-)

4. 'Parts is parts' (LOL)

» 'Comanche I' Parts @ Bersa.com

»» Comanche I ***TRANSFER BAR*** @ Bersa.com ($3.00 ea)

Whew!

[image]

--
[image]

ETA "Availability: In stock" (nm)

by FOG, Monday, July 08, 2013, 04:45 (4101 days ago) @ FOG

--
[image]

Just for grins, I also tested Bersa's checkout process

by FOG, Monday, July 08, 2013, 06:08 (4101 days ago) @ FOG

STEP 1 was the usual choice between 'Guest Checkout' and 'Create Account'

I chose Guest.

STEP 2 takes you to Billing Information (name, address, cc#, etc.)

I stopped there, of course, but I also noted the following:

• No PayPal (if it matters − LOL)

"NOTE: We are unable to ship to Nevada, New Jersey, or South Carolina. If you live in one of these states, please order from our partner site: http://www.condorsflight.com. We apologize for any inconvenience."

For the sake of 'completeness', I also went to the CondorsFlight website and searched for the
'COMANCHE I' TRANSFER BAR part number: CR29.

That search produced ZERO matches, so it isn't clear if they could be of help.

@ Paul: If you happen to be in NV, NJ, or SC, send me an email, and I will order the part for you. Happily. :-)
I also checked Bersa's shipping rates, and their website quoted $5.00 to my Zip Code. That was for one (1) TRANSFER BAR, so I'd probably be inclined to order two or three of them. (Background 'research' also suggested
the part is prone to breaking, but that might have only been forumsay. :-D )

HTH :-)

--
[image]

Strike two...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, July 08, 2013, 09:00 (4101 days ago) @ FOG
edited by Paul, Monday, July 08, 2013, 09:03

No response from Rexio Argentina.
Response from RSA was

I'm sorry to say that the Rexio revolver is not imported by RSA anymore. We only importred 3 shipments of Rexio back in 1998 and stopped and do not carry any parts. thank You

Then I get back on here and find the info you posted. Went to Bersa, placed three in the shopping cart, started checkout process... card declined. Huh? Must be conflict between billing and shipping address. Try second card. Confirmation of order. Now to wait and see if it all lines up. I ordered three and then saw your recommendation to do the same. Great minds and all that... :-D

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!!

We'll see if they reach my correspondent and function as they should.

Here's hoping 'Three's A Charm'

by FOG, Monday, July 08, 2013, 09:09 (4101 days ago) @ Paul

[image]

YOU'RE ALSO MOST WELCOME!

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread