Accident at the range today......

by Gunner @, St Louis, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:41 (4102 days ago)

Could have been a lot worse, luckily, it was only minor.....brain fart, not paying attention, distracted, thinking about what I was going to do next instead of following a basic safety rule.....you never ever loose track of where your finger is while stapling a target to the cardboard backer. Sunk that 1/2" staple all the way into the end of my ring finger, thought I was snake bit, stung pretty good, bled even more, but that's what I get for not watching what I was doing :-(

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Sure glad I'm not the only one.

by Kentucky, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:05 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

:-P

by Catoosa, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:29 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE!

Staple guns are dangerous. Oughta be banned. If only one pinky finger is saved from these evil things, wouldn't it be worth the small inconvenience of using a hammer and nails to put up your targets?

Anybody got a Band-Aid?

Heck I stapled an old Deputy's finger...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, July 06, 2013, 22:30 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

right to the backer a few years ago. Bless his heart he was trying to help put targets up because we were qualifying 40 that day. I kept telling him to keep his booger hooks back... zap, squall, blood all over a brand new target.

You know I never got another Christmas card from that guy again? And that was after me helping him pull his finger off the target, too!

Some people.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 08:23 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

Ouch!! Glad it wasn't a .45 or a .41 Mag!

That is why...

by Brian A, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 09:13 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

I use masking tape to put up targets.

It having a high capacity magazine, didn't help anything.

by Murphy @, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 10:41 (4102 days ago) @ Gunner

NM

Close call with a 45 acp....

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, July 07, 2013, 10:52 (4102 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Back about 25 years ago I was by myself on a friends property, shooting my Springfield 45. Decided I would practice one shot draws, slowing working on faster and faster draws. Then for some reason my left hand decided it wanted to go faster and farther out, waiting for the right to catch up, well the right hand didn't like that too much and pulled the trigger, launching the 230 FMJ between the ring and pinky fingers, left a black smudge mark on the side of the ring finger. I packed up and went home, no sense shooting anymore when the two hands would not work together.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

RSS Feed of thread