Front sight for Ruger Blackhawk

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 07:43 (4107 days ago)

I have a few Rugers that I shoot heavy bullet`s , and they shoot high. I need a taller front sight, I tryed Brownells and could not find what I needed. anybody here know of a place I can buy a few ?. I have seen them before , But I just can`t remember where. Thank you in advance. Frank:-D

Front sight for Ruger Blackhawk

by uncowboy, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 08:06 (4107 days ago) @ Fivegunner

DONT KNOW what length bbl you have but the 4" bbl Rugers have a slightly taller front sight. I have bought these before for the same reason.

It will depend on your barrel length...

by matt/pa @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 09:32 (4107 days ago) @ Fivegunner

but try calling Ben Forkin. Last I spoke with him, a couple of weeks ago, he said that he had made some for his 7.5" Shootists Bisley 44 Special. He may have some left over.

Matt

Fermin Garza has a tall front sight design available

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 10:04 (4107 days ago) @ Fivegunner

maybe he will check in and let you know....

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Here is a link to the ones we make.

by Fermin @, S Texas, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 10:57 (4107 days ago) @ Fivegunner

They were originally to replace that ugly front on the BFRs and the Ruger Single Six. We can build them for you without the screw hole if you wish to have your sight soldered on. These are blanks, intended for filing to correct height and then finishing.

http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/7221/custom-front-sight-blanks-update

Midway has Ruger front sights

by FOG, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 13:58 (4106 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Option 1: Pinned Blade

REVIEW COMMENTS: "My Stainless Super Blackhawk with 5 1/2" barrel shot about one foot high at 25 yards.
This sight is precisely one tenth of an inch taller than the blade that came on the gun. This taller front sight solved the problem. Quality is excellent." [Emphasis Added]

Ruger Front Sight Blade Ruger 45 Long Colt With 7-1/2" Barrel Blackhawk Stainless Steel

[image]

Option 2: Blade & Base

Ruger Front Sight Ruger Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Bisley 9mm Luger, 357 Magnum, 41 Magnum, 44 Remington Magnum Except 10-1/2" Barrel Blue

[image]

HTH :-)

--
[image]

And the winner is------

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 14:18 (4106 days ago) @ FOG

Thank you all , I just ordered a few from midway. for some reason I never thought about midway. I am getting older and forgetful :-D

More and more, my memories seem like 'flashbacks'

by FOG, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 02:10 (4106 days ago) @ Fivegunner

And I done run out of flashbulbs. :-D

--
[image]

After making my own for my first .45 Colt...

by rob @, Thursday, July 04, 2013, 15:03 (4104 days ago) @ Fivegunner

I discovered you can get different sized rear blades from Ruger. They have a very short rear blade that barely exceeds rear base height. Five minute fix and a lot of times the nice lady at Ruger customer service will send you one at no charge. The only reason I change a Ruger front sight anymore is if I just want a custom front.

RSS Feed of thread