TSMS

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, July 01, 2013, 12:50 (4107 days ago)

First, the good news. I took a new position with the company, so I will no longer be working rotating shift work. This is a strictly day job. I've been doing this since late March.
The job is PM maintenance in in the vats functional area. The guy that had this area before me, lost his "Give a Schick" a couple of years ago, and he let the area go to the brink of failure. This leaves me in the position of scrambling to get the area back to reliable condition. This means I've been working lots of hours, my shortest week so far is 56 hours.

All this leads me to conclude that, regretfully, I have no time to host the TSMS this year. Next year might be better as far as available time, and I don't want to abandon the TSMS, it's just that I need to focus on work at this time.

Thanks for all of you that have attended and donated to Muscular Dystrophy at TSMS over the years. You've all been great and very generous.

Man, I'm having a harder time writing this than I anticipated. The decision hasn't been easy.

Mark

We will miss it.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, July 01, 2013, 13:17 (4107 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

Sorry you have to make this decision. We always look forward to TSMS but we also understand the amount of work it is to prepare and how sometimes we have to set aside 'fun' for a bit.

October is still a go...

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, July 01, 2013, 17:55 (4107 days ago) @ Hoot

Those dates are already on the Vacation calendar at work. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

On the other hand Mark....

by MR, Monday, July 01, 2013, 18:40 (4107 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

There is no better position to be in to shine than following a screw up. ATTACK!

Exactly...

by Mark Stevenson, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 13:58 (4106 days ago) @ MR

I've gone at it aggressively to get this area back to the reliability it should have.
So far everyone is very pleased with my attitude, progress and plans. I don't know how long this honeymoon will last...probably till I won't do something the operators want. Then I'll just be one of the lazy maintenance guys. LOL

That's WONDERFUL!!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 15:12 (4106 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

I look forward to seeing you then.

I am definitely going to miss seeing everyone...

by Brian A, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 10:23 (4107 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

this year. Hopefully, it will be a go again next year though.

Brian, we talked it over and decided...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 15:11 (4106 days ago) @ Brian A

we're just going to camp out on Mark's doorstep sometime in August. We'll bring a pile of guns and strongarm him into shooting. I think it'll work. ;-)

Brian, we talked it over and decided...

by Mark Stevenson, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 19:40 (4106 days ago) @ Hoot

I couldn't turn that down, now could I?
Taking a weekend to shoot is doable, but organizing and getting the range mowed is not possible.

I have done some searching....

by Brian A, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 09:56 (4106 days ago) @ Mark Stevenson

and have some ideas on alternate ranges, which should be worth exploring.

Sounds like a great plan!

by Brian A, Wednesday, July 03, 2013, 09:53 (4106 days ago) @ Hoot

The only weekend in August that would be a problem for me would be the 16th-18th, when I have a military vehicle event in Clare to attend. If you come a bit early, the last weekend in July is the antique cannon shoot at Camp Grayling and the AuSable canoe marathon weekend. I have some shooting that needs to get done to sight in some new toys, so very much looking forward to getting some range time in.

RSS Feed of thread