Taurus 85 Ultralite - anybody got one

by stonewalrus, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 16:44 (4112 days ago)

One almost followed me home but in my "internet research" I saw several folks who had problems with bullets jumping crimp. Have any of you had similar problems?

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 17:24 (4111 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I had one if you're talking about the aluminum frame job. It worked fine and was suprisingly accurate. Ended up swapping it for a Smith 642 later. Not a bad revolver, just not a Smith.

by stonecoldrc, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 20:50 (4111 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I have one that I have carried quite a bit for the past 6-7 years. I shoot it often with both lead SWC and JHP bullets. Usually regular pressure, but sometimes with +P. I have shoot mostly reloads, but plenty of factory as well. I have found it to be accurate and pretty easy to shoot. Mine is DA only. Usually carried as a backup in an ankle holster or in a pocket holster. No complaints from me about the Taurus. I have Colts and S&W revolvers as well.

by D. Sikes, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 21:56 (4111 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I have one.. or I should say my wife has one... she picked it out and loves it... only time we had a problem with it is with shotshells... sometimes the shotshell plastic case would work up in the chamber and lock the cylinder... but with regular ammo, there was no problem..

You will never regret buying a S&W airweight .38

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, June 28, 2013, 12:01 (4111 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Agreed!

by FOG, Saturday, June 29, 2013, 01:20 (4110 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Tauri are fine, but S&Ws are finer.

:-D

--
[image]

S&W M342 (for comparison)

by FOG, Saturday, June 29, 2013, 01:59 (4110 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I have the analogous AirLite Centennial (.38 Special +P) from S&W.

To me, the gun has *one* purpose: Self-defense (in particular, CCW).

Translation: Carry a lot, shoot a little.

I have fired only two types of ammunition in mine, both 'standard' pressure:
1) Federal Premium Gold Medal Match 148 HBWC
2) Buffalo Bore 158 LSWCHP

Neither exhibits any appreciable bullet pull in my gun (none within a cylinder-full).

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread