Another $500 Flattop

by FOG, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 03:04 (4113 days ago)

That will be interesting to watch.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:59 (4113 days ago) @ FOG

Where was that seller when I lived in North Pole?

Another One of those...

by Drago, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 13:04 (4113 days ago) @ FOG

...."NO SALES TO CALIFORNIA" as if doing exactly what the Demonkrats want will somehow change things.

Self-Inflicted Wound.

by JLF @, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 15:13 (4112 days ago) @ Drago

Shipping a gun to an on-line buyer in Kalifornia is a substantial pain in the ass over the standard proceedures. I do it because I want to, but I certainly don't begrudge other dealers for refusing to kiss the asses of a bunch of state officials who think they are something special, duly elected by the people of their state, who's-fault-it-is-in-the-first-place.

JLF

Self-Inflicted Wound? Hardly.

by Drago, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 16:21 (4112 days ago) @ JLF
edited by Drago, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 16:25

You really think California gunowners voted for tis foolishness? The culprit here is the California Retail Firearms Association. Seems they got the law passed with the assistance of the NRA and the California Rifle & Pistol Association. They told all concerned that it was to protect California dealers. It was; the protection was to make it unpalatable for out of staters to sell to Californians thus protecting their members from discount priced firearms.

So when were the responsible parties tarred, feathered, and

by mcassill, Thursday, June 27, 2013, 05:10 (4112 days ago) @ Drago

run out of Dodge?

So when were the responsible parties tarred, feathered, and

by Drago, Friday, June 28, 2013, 13:40 (4110 days ago) @ mcassill

You mean all the FFL's in California? BATFE has already been trying to do that already. The goal, according to their agents, is to cut the number of FFL's in half.

BTDT...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 23:58 (4112 days ago) @ JLF

I sold a Springfield 1911 I rebuilt to a retired LA County cop buddy of mine. MY dealer forgot to include a copy of my drivers license in the packet and then CA dealer tried to tell us a MilSpec wasn't on the 'approved list' and was gonna sic CA/DOJ on both of us. My pal finally got his pistol, but what a royal f'ing pain in the ass.

Never again.

BTDT...

by Drago, Friday, June 28, 2013, 13:41 (4110 days ago) @ Sarge
edited by Drago, Friday, June 28, 2013, 14:27

On a dealer to dealer transfer, why would he need your license? It's not required by state law. Federal law maybe, but not state. Sounds like the dealer just didn't want to do the transfer. A great many of those around.

RSS Feed of thread