Looks like the new Merwin & Hulbert is Vaporware...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 11:38 (4114 days ago)

"sorry to say, i never got, and probably never will get the M&H i , like others, had ordered. however, all this time later, their successor, Sharps Rifle Co, Glenrock WY tracked me down, called, and sent a refund check for my $310 deposit. I understand as successor to M&H they did not legally have to do this, but it sure shows good character. I think i need to order a sharps rifle now."
Cable

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

We knew it, but at least they showed great integrity

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 14:09 (4113 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

here.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sharps certainly did.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 14:12 (4113 days ago) @ Hobie

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Broadsword.

by John K., Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 14:24 (4113 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

http://www.broadswordgroup.com/mh_announcement.html\

Now, the question is.... S&W or USFA? I hope it isn't Taurus.

Extra slash in the link, fat fingers.

by John K., Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 14:27 (4113 days ago) @ John K.

Probably not USFA, unless it's plastic and doesn't work.

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 15:04 (4113 days ago) @ John K.

Bitter?? Who, me?

S&W or USFA (for M&H repops)?

by FOG, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 15:14 (4113 days ago) @ John K.

S&W seems highly unlikely. True, they do make ARs and 1911s, but then, who doesn't?

USFA seems an even greater stretch of the imagination. Given their current product, the aptly named 'ZIP' gun, they're probably more likely to make their next big splash with a 'high-caliber' squirt gun.

In view of the none-too-subtle hints in the Broadsword Group announcement, I'd say the most likely candidates hail from Italy, with Uberti probably topping the pile.

The *real* question is, You like-ah-the brass grip frame, yes? :-D

PS: 'Repop' is borrowed from the balloon-tyre bicycle crowd, of which I used to be a card-carrying rider; it simply means 'reproduction'.

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread