trail riding [ 4 wheelers and motor home ] last week

by cable, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 15:18 (4116 days ago)
edited by cable, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 15:23

cantwell, fairbanks, chena hot springs, and then paxson where we off roaded [ and on ] on the denali highway... most of which said" highway" is unpaved with crumbling shoulders etc.

at that elevation [ 3500-4000 feet] this far north the lakes are just losing their ice: this picture shows a lake near paxson. the grayish part is slushy ice, the only open water is around the edge in the foreground:

[image]

the richardson highway is quite beautiful this time of year [ taken through window of moving motor home ]:

[image]

four wheeling is fun, but this is wild country and bear country ..... i always kept these companions on me:

[image]

this fellow was just wandering on the road, maybe cause it is easier walking. we stopped , he stopped and stared at us, as we stared at him. i have a permit for this area starting august 10, :-)

[image]

was hot [ for us means 70s, low 80s, humidity about 13% ] and sunny, with the sunlight lasting over 20 hours each day!!

Thanks, those mountains have been...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 17:42 (4115 days ago) @ cable

calling my name since I was a wee lad. So far have not had cause to venture that far north. Pics like those haunt my dreams at times. Thanks for sharing.

Looks great!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 18:54 (4115 days ago) @ cable

You are making me miss it.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread