Ticked off...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, June 22, 2013, 18:27 (4116 days ago)

I don't give a donkey's tail about Paula Deen but the attitude about her self-admitted singular use of a particular word in a discussion about that word just ticks me off. I had to drop Food Network a line...

"I want to thank Food Network for choosing the politically correct path and immediately axing a woman who confessed to using an unacceptable word 30-40 years ago. Please immediately fire all the other Food Network stars who have used that word, or similar pejoratives such as "cracker", "whitey", "Uncle Tom", "Dago", "WOP", "Mick", "Kraut", "hick", "hillbilly", "redneck", "red man", "injun", and so forth even if they did so 40+ years ago. Yes, I know that will eliminate all your current talent and management from the network but it is a small price to pay. We can't be too diligent in pursuing these inconsiderate low-lifes and purifying our society."

It was foolish and silly of me to waste my time and I felt I had to do a public mea culpa.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I don't watch TV so never heard of her until now

by FOG, Saturday, June 22, 2013, 20:24 (4116 days ago) @ Hobie

Google News turned up the basics: 'We' won the war, but continue headlong at losing the peace.

The lady is being scapegoated. In the worst way. Nothing more, nothing less.

Worse still, she has a Southern accident [sic], so no one in their right mind would ever believe
her Public Apology on YouTube...

Not. [image]

--
[image]

Ticked off...

by jgt, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 06:52 (4116 days ago) @ Hobie
edited by jgt, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 06:55

Me too. I am sick of this commie PC crowd. Anyone who would waste their time pursuing this non-issue is a fool.

She's a Dem Leftist Neo Commie let her taste her own brand

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 10:34 (4116 days ago) @ Hobie

of PC. Almost fun to watch the Left eat one of it's own.

Paula Deen (Democrat)

The Food Network star campaigned for Obama back in 2008, and invited his wife Michelle to cook with her during an episode of Paula's Party. Later, she said she "just loved" being around the First Lady, and praised her platform: encouraging kids and young adults to eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.

Get 4 Free Issues!

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/celebrities-political-affiliations-20...
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I didn't know that and I like butter. I guess she is

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 16:28 (4115 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

stewing in her own juices.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I had forgotten - thanks for reminding me

by stonewalrus, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 17:06 (4115 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by stonewalrus, Sunday, June 23, 2013, 17:12

The archaic phrase that comes to mind is "hoisted on her own petard."

RSS Feed of thread