Are we "Sixgunners" or "Sixshooters"?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 10:12 (4121 days ago)

When referencing this group, I tend to call us "Sixgunners" which is probably technically incorrect in the sense that it is the Frontier Sixshooter CMB.

What say ye?

Thanks!

by SIXGUNNER @, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 10:33 (4121 days ago) @ Hoot

SIXGUNNERS ARE PEOPLE; SIX-SHOOTERS ARE GUNS

Precisely! (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 10:52 (4121 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

Thank you Sir.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 11:11 (4121 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

That settles that.

It's the answer I was hoping to hear.

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 13:43 (4121 days ago) @ Hoot

If you take a look at http://sixgunnercommunity.com you'll find that it was registered before sixshootercommunity.com. WAAAY back when the original sixgunner site changed hands the former owner advised me it would be better to not make waves or seem to be trying to compete. The idea was to have a "gateway" site for the old "Gord Board". Gord's original name for the board he set up was the Frontier Sixshooter or Frontier Sixshooter Community or something like that. I put up the original gateway and used the current designation. But over the years we've always referred to ourselves as "sixgunners", as in Confederate Sixgunners, North Wet Sixgunners, etc. As noted above, sixgunners are people, sixshooters are tools. The Frontier Sixshooter monicker is from the old Peacemakers that were so marked.

Some of us shoot five shot handgun`s too

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 15:55 (4120 days ago) @ Hoot

I guess that`s why I use the handel fivegunner:beatdeadhorse:

And some of us...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 16:00 (4120 days ago) @ Fivegunner

shoot those newfangled 8 shooters, not to mention the 10 shooter 22's. Shucks, some of us even (gasp!) shoot those bottom feeding automagics!!!:eyepopping:

"Sixgunners" these days

by bj2, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 20:13 (4120 days ago) @ Hoot

The people who still have ammo can be called "shooters". The other people just get to look at them.

Are you tryin'.....

by Glen, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 20:32 (4120 days ago) @ Fivegunner

....to confuse me with big numbers?:-D

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 22:25 (4120 days ago) @ Hoot

Hoot, Pic of the Lic plate on my new Pick up truck. [image]

Thanks all.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 05:55 (4120 days ago) @ Hoot

I have a little project in mind and wanted to make sure of the nomenclature.

RSS Feed of thread