45/70 Century arns 6 shooter [ not mine ] on local forum

by cable, Monday, June 03, 2013, 16:42 (4136 days ago)

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/303177_Century_Model_100_45_70...

he is asking 796$ that is what they sold for about 30 years ago IIRC

tempting!

Buy it Harold! You can easily double you money and they are

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 03, 2013, 18:29 (4136 days ago) @ cable

fun to shoot.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

it's at Sourdough pawn, Rick Gittlein just looked at it:

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:16 (4135 days ago) @ cable

front sight is missing (No biggy, it's easy to replace Williams Rifle sights) It's got a LOT of holster wear and a supper light trigger. Base pin has lots of marks on it from pliers. So a project gun, fairly priced... Rick passed on it. The store is selling it on consignment and said they had received 35 calls on it, today.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

45/70 Century arns 6 shooter [ not mine ] on local forum

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 14:18 (4135 days ago) @ cable

About 30 years ago a one of our deer camp members brought a friend up and the friend had one of these, which we shot some in the front yard. I remember it being very big, very heavy, very loud and prone to come back smartly. In the Pennsylvania deer woods, it was an answer in search of a question, but I can see how it might be a good bit more useful in a place where the local fauna ranks higher on the food chain than a hunter.

RSS Feed of thread