BearGirl scores again: bear and beowulf EBR

by cable, Monday, June 03, 2013, 11:53 (4136 days ago)
edited by cable, Monday, June 03, 2013, 12:53

[image]

Kia took this one this weekend, using her dad's beowulf carbine which she chose because of the ergonomics and lack of perceived recoil [ according to her ]

going to be a rug in her bedroom and they say it has been good eating as well.

her dad's buddy also took a large black bear using a spear this weekend, a 'one shot ' kill also

by Paul ⌂, Monday, June 03, 2013, 13:03 (4136 days ago) @ cable

I get the whole Beowulf thing for bear. Pretty nifty that a lil' ol' thing like that can handle the rifle and make the shot. What I DON'T get is gigging for bears. Sheesh! The whole point of firearms is to NOT have to gig 'em! :jawdrop:

there is one fellow who has taken nearly everything with

by cable, Monday, June 03, 2013, 13:15 (4136 days ago) @ Paul

OK, NEXT he needs to spear a bear from horseback...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 03, 2013, 15:32 (4136 days ago) @ cable

Henry Shakespear wrote the book on hunting game with a spear or sword/rifle pistol dagger (He did it all) from horseback. He onse killed a jaguar that had lept upon his back while he was still astride his horse...killed it with his shamsir sword and dagger...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

We could learn to use the atlatl ..... or better yet , lets

by cable, Monday, June 03, 2013, 15:36 (4136 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

organize a hunt where we just use stone knives and wear loin cloths, and ... and ....

well, maybe not. ;-)

I was seriously asked if we need to learn to use the spear

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, June 03, 2013, 20:35 (4136 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

now with the ammo shortages. Also, that one man, lacking ammo, was taking the opportunity to teach his son to make archery gear from scratch.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, June 03, 2013, 13:20 (4136 days ago) @ cable

She looks really pleased, can't say for the Bear, but a nice rug it will make...

That is just COOL!!!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, June 04, 2013, 13:19 (4135 days ago) @ cable

I love that smile.

RSS Feed of thread