Thank you for the kind words....

by Otony, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 22:06 (4147 days ago)

....we just finished telling the kids that Woody was too hurt to stay with us, that Jesus needed him in Heaven now. Suffice to say we have a devastated four and seven year old on our hands right now.

Frankly, Natalia and I are devastated as well. I never thought just picking up his toys and mess would cause us to miss him so badly, but it certainly has.

I've only had a few dogs in my life, and Woody was by far the one with the best behavior, and most potential. I guess he was just too good for us and needed elsewhere.

Goodbye good boy.......

Sorry to see this, Otony.

by brionic @, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 23:09 (4147 days ago) @ Otony

Our old terrier was named Woody, too, and he was a great little dog. Putting him down, at home, with all of us rubbing and hugging him, was extremely difficult, especially for the boys.

I admit to still choking up when we take out his christmas ornament every year.

They give you everything in their little hearts, and the cost of that is bearing the burden of losing them.

God bless your family and your little pooch.

Sorry to see this, Otony.

by Catoosa, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 23:23 (4147 days ago) @ brionic

Otony, do you have any photos of Woody? I ask that because several weeks after we lost Riggs, our beloved German Shepherd last fall, Ruth and I went through our collection of photos and picked out a couple of the best ones of him. We had them enlarged and framed, and put them up in the house. I get a grin every time I look at one of them, and he will never be forgotten.

Great suggestion!

by Otony, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:01 (4146 days ago) @ Catoosa

....as it happens I took a half dozen photos of Woody a week or so back. Will have a couple blown up and printed out for the kid's rooms.

Thanks, I sure miss that pup....

Otony

An alternative suggestion....

by Glen, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:06 (4146 days ago) @ Catoosa

There is a young lady I know in North Carolina who does animal portraits (working from photos) and who does very nice work. I have known Rebecca since she was in diapers (over 30 years). My wife and I have had Rebecca do portraits of several of our dogs, including 2 as memorials to dogs who have passed on. This way we had not only a tribute to our loving dogs, but also some very nice art to hang on the walls. She does very nice work.

Some of her work can be found on her website:

http://rebeccaprow.com/

An example of her work....

by Glen, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:49 (4146 days ago) @ Glen

Here is the portrait Rebecca did of Boo (my wife's black Border Collie):

[image]

I had my best pal immortalized on a guitar...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:55 (4146 days ago) @ Glen

[image]

Unfortunately, my Ex got that geetar. I miss that dog all the time, and he's been dead for almost 11 years. "Mr. Bojangles" makes more and more sense:
"He spoke through tears of fifty years how his dog and him traveled about. The dog up and died, after twenty years he still grieves."

I love it!

by Glen, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:35 (4146 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Sorry to hear the ex got that guitar. Have you considered commissioning another?

I've got a half-dozen more from Chris Bozung...

by Boge Quinn, Friday, May 24, 2013, 16:47 (4146 days ago) @ Glen

...but not with Briscoe's portrait. Chris makes the best guitars I have ever owned, played or seen, and I've owned, played and seen just about everything.

that lyric really strikes me...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 24, 2013, 17:17 (4146 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

I am blessed to have had several great dogs...I miss them.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Thank you Brian!

by Otony, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:03 (4146 days ago) @ brionic

given what is going on with you folks, this is small potatoes, which makes me appreciate your kind words all the more.

Otony

The best pup I ever had...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, May 24, 2013, 07:58 (4146 days ago) @ Otony

was half Belgian Shepherd and half "Shadow in the night". At about 4 months of age I had to put him down. The vet wormed him with an adult dosage and killed his liver. I cried like a baby putting him down and wasn't worth anything the rest of the day. I'm so sorry to hear this. We get attached to those little fur balls, especially one that shows intelligence and spirit.

those lab dogs become like family like no other...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 24, 2013, 09:59 (4146 days ago) @ Otony

get another there are always labs needed a good home get a pair really it is good for the dogs and your family.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

We are very sorry for your loss.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, May 24, 2013, 13:05 (4146 days ago) @ Otony

My dad was on his deathbed (and he knew it) and yet, one of the last things he talked about in this world was his dog Donna who died about 1946. Dad died in 1999.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread