Hey, Hobie!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 20:32 (4648 days ago)

Did a little parts swapping...

[image]

[image]

[image]

Looks like brownells will be getting some more of my money!

Doug K

Hey, Hobie!

by stonecoldrc, Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:15 (4648 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Doug, That is sure slick. I like it a lot.

That looks good! Is that a Bisley hammer? Did you modify

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:30 (4648 days ago) @ Slow Hand

it at all? Dang, I think I'm going to have to spend MORE money!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

That looks good! Is that a Bisley hammer? Did you modify

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:38 (4648 days ago) @ Hobie

It's the Bisley hammer I'd already cut down for my NMBH. I swapped them out to see how I liked them and well, I just placed an order to Brownells!

Here's a not very good pic of the NMBH

[image]

It's kind of a conglomeration of parts I like. Blued NMBH .45 with a stainless SBH gripframe and a Bisley hammer!

Doug K

Ah, already cut down... I just ordered a Bisley hammer.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, January 11, 2012, 21:53 (4648 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Thanks... ;-) :-D

Any tips on removing the extra metal from the hammer?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Tips...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, January 12, 2012, 04:00 (4648 days ago) @ Hobie

Not so much... I just put both hammers on the hammer pin and traced around the BH hammer like your picture. Unsurprisingly, they are pretty hard! I used my bench grinder and sandpaper to shape and finish. Tried reblueing the ground part but no luck; need to strip it off the rest. Probably be working on the new one this weekend and if so, I'll try and take some pics in progress.

Doug K

Could one rust blue this part?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, January 14, 2012, 07:55 (4645 days ago) @ Slow Hand

It will be such a small thing, I might leave it as is until I decide to send the whole gun in for some wild stuff such as CC of the frame.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread