Win 52 target rifle for sale locally.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:52 (4149 days ago)

A buddy of mine has his uncles target rifle up for sale. Figured someone here may have an interest. Here's a pic he sent me

[image]

It's got a palm rest, interchangeable buttplates, and a fancy oak box. He said his uncle wants $1000 out of it. I'm not into this field to know a value but I said I'd pass it along for him. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get you in contact.

Sweet looking set-up...

by Brian A, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 21:59 (4149 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I have a real soft spot for 52s, but not the pocketbook unfortunately. $1000 seems to be the going price for a decent smallbore target rifle any more, so the price is in the ballpark.

Win 52 target rifle for sale locally.

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 09:04 (4148 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Given the additional equipment, that's a pretty good price. The case would cost a bunch to duplicate, all by itself. Some discount for the replacement stock, but if you are buying it as a shooter, it's likely an improvement over the factory stock.

The rap on these is that they aren't quite as accurate as the current generation of super-target .22s, mostly by Anschutz and Remington40x fans (and BSA Martini International fans in the single shot world). That being said, I doubt that one in 100 competitive target shooters can hold well enough in position shooting to realize the difference.

Wish I had the toy funds to invest, but that isn't happening. Plus, I find that I don't have the stamina anymore to hold a rifle that heavy for the length of a match. Bet it would be a pretty fair competitor in rimfire benchrest competition, though....

RSS Feed of thread