Selling-off some Guitars...

by Boge Quinn, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 13:37 (4152 days ago)

Time to thin the herd a bit. Prices are negotiable, and I will trade for guns! I'll let them sit here for a day or two in case there's any interest here, then off to the pickers' classified sites...

[image]

1967 Martin D12-20 12-string Guitar

Excellent condition, recent pro setup and correct replacement bridge (by Chris Bozung), sounds and plays great. Natural finish, solid Sitka top, solid mahogany back & sides, rosewood fretboard & bridge. Original tuners. No cracks, repaired or otherwise, no issues at all. Finish is original and excellent. New TKL thermoplastic hardshell case.

$1150 includes shipping to CONUS, trades and reasonable offers considered. Additional pics and info on request.

[image]

1974 Gibson J-50 Deluxe Guitar

Excellent condition, recent pro setup by Danny Roberts at Gibson. This was Danny's personal guitar - the back has been off for brace re-voicing, and the sound & playability are excellent, way better than your basic mid-70s Gibsons. Natural finish, solid Sitka top, solid mahogany back & sides, rosewood fretboard & bridge. Original tuners. There are no cracks, repaired or otherwise, no issues at all. Finish is excellent. Gibson-branded hardshell case.

$1050 includes shipping to CONUS, trades and reasonable offers considered. Additional pics and info on request.

[image]

1976 Gibson MK-35 Guitar

Near-Mint condition. Great modern sound & playability, designed by Kasha and Schneider as an example of Gibson's ambitious and ahead-of-it's-time MK Series. Natural finish, solid Sitka top, solid mahogany back & sides, radical Kasha fan-bracing system and asymmetrical rosewood bridge. Rosewood fretboard, original tuners. There are no cracks, repaired or otherwise, no issues at all. Finish is excellent. Original hardshell case.

$1050 includes shipping to CONUS, trades and reasonable offers considered. Additional pics and info on request.

[image]

Late-70s Takamine F-400S 12-string Guitar

Excellent condition. "Lawsuit" Takamine, kinda-sorta copy of a Martin D12-35 (The takamine has a two-piece back, rather than a D12-35's three-piece). Solid Sitka top, laminated rosewood back & sides, rosewood fretboard & bridge. Gold-plated six-on-a-plate tuners. There are no cracks, repaired or otherwise, no issues at all. Finish is excellent. Piezo pickup and endpin jack installed. Original softshell case.

$700 includes shipping to CONUS, trades and reasonable offers considered. Additional pics and info on request.

Funny thing.

by JLF @, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 21:24 (4152 days ago) @ Boge Quinn
edited by JLF, Sunday, May 19, 2013, 13:30

For my little dab of home playing, I figured I needed one nice acoustic, and one nice solid-body electic. Almost as if by magic, I look around and have two accoustics, one accoustic-electric, and three solid-bodies. How does that happen?:-D

Beautifull stuff, Boge, but in the modern world, if a guitar spends 24 hours in my smoker's house, it's ruined for life, and worth zero. I guess I had better die with what I have, and not throw away any more money.

JLF

Too bad, I KNOW you got some tradin' stock! (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 21:30 (4152 days ago) @ JLF

Me?

by JLF @, Sunday, May 19, 2013, 13:30 (4151 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

I have a thing or two in the safe, which is too small to crawl into and smoke, so it's all good stuff. I suppose I could take a dump in this $1500 Taylor guitar, and that would make it smell all better for some lace-panty city feller to consider buying it.:-D

JLF

I meant GUNS, but now that you mention it...

by Boge Quinn, Sunday, May 19, 2013, 19:16 (4151 days ago) @ JLF

...some of us don't mind geetars from smoky homes. Gives 'em character. A pal of mine has a '50s Martin D-18 that spent so much time in smoky bars that the whole guitar is dark brown. Sounds like a cannon! (that's good)

Yassir.

by JLF @, Sunday, May 19, 2013, 20:13 (4151 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Well, Boge, I never figgered you for no lace-panties city feller anyway.:-D I knew you meant guns, and the Taylor isn't going anywhere, my heirs will have to deal with it. Until I was 40 years old, I thought the headstock on my geetar was a place to hold cigarettes during songs.

JLF

It does work perfectly for that! (nm)

by Boge Quinn, Monday, May 20, 2013, 09:05 (4150 days ago) @ JLF

Keith Richards comes to mind . . .

by Kentucky, Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 14:02 (4149 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

:-D

RSS Feed of thread