New Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 00:31 (4153 days ago)

[image]

The 375 Ruger, much more than I expected, to say I am pleased is an understatement. Just hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Glad you got your mid-bore Dave.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 05:22 (4152 days ago) @ Dave B

Good looking rifle there!

That crazy stainless/laminate conglomeration...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 07:58 (4152 days ago) @ Hoot

... is starting to grow on me. That's a right purposeful looking rifle right there. Looking forward to hearing the range reports!

[image]

Me too!

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 09:27 (4152 days ago) @ Paul

This isn't even the matte brushed stainless, it has a matte finish, but it looks almost like the target gray my old Super Redhawk 454 was finished in. Bolt needs to be worked some, but a good solid feeling gun that comes naturally to the shoulder with the express sights lined up. Only thing that would make it any better is if it had the folding leaf rear sight, but you would need a pretty stout hammer to knock the current rear sight off of there, the white bead front sight is a vast improvement over the "gold" bead on my #1.

Purposeful and practical rifle. I like it!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 11:58 (4152 days ago) @ Dave B

Your .375 quest has spurred me on to scope my old .375 WBY and shoo it again.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Good!

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 17:49 (4152 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I am hoping to weasel my way into the bullet mold for Father's Day, I am now in possession of 2K .375 Hornady gas checks.

RSS Feed of thread