The general public: Wealth of misinformation

by stonewalrus, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:39 (4157 days ago)

It is almost scary what little even the neutral or even casually pro gun know so little about guns. My MIL thought you had to have a carry permit to transport a gun in your vehicle. This from a woman who has a son and son-in-law with carry permits. I know we won't educate the anti-gunners but ignorance is hurting us with the general population. By the way, I signed up my wife for some one-on-one instruction. To paraphrase Rob Leahy Educate the Ones You Love!

Work in a store and be prepared to be amazed...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 07:14 (4156 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Much of the disinformation comes from what is in the movies/TV and even their misunderstandings of that.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I once contacted and corrected a reporter for the News-Miner

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 07:16 (4156 days ago) @ stonewalrus

in Fairbanks. He had written about how a gun was not "registered" to the person in a story. He was completely unaware that there was no such thing.

I ASSUMED my wife knew more than she did

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 07:49 (4156 days ago) @ Hobie

Just from absorption from being around me. I was sadly mistaken, which is part of the reason I signed her up for a one on one class today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will find it fun and get over being intimidated by guns. Of course her not knowing one gun from another has certain advantages...

The liberal media doesn't have a THING to do with this.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:21 (4156 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I'm certain it isn't a plot....

I can't count the number of times I have had to explain MN gun laws to "gun people" here.

It is to the anti's advantage that people stay in the dark

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:32 (4156 days ago) @ Hoot

Liberal media included.

That's true about more than just "gun" law...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 18:00 (4156 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Yeah, mine knows way too much about them now

by mcassill, Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 13:38 (4155 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I went from a Taurus Mil Pro 40 to a Smith M&P compact 9

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 14:12 (4155 days ago) @ mcassill

And she never noticed a thing - black plastic gun to black plastic gun. Fortunately the same holsters fit so I didn't change my fashion accessories (probably more likely to notice that).

RSS Feed of thread