Curious on availability of Ruger's Mini-14 or Mini-30s?

by Alfred John, Monday, May 13, 2013, 18:44 (4157 days ago)

I have had Mini-14 a few years back and liked it a lot. It was stolen in a burglary at my house. Never did get it back. I am curious are these rifles either a Mini-14, Mini-30, even available these days. I have a friend and neighbor who has expressed interest in such a rifle. I thought I would ask the community as I don't really need or want one that much. Any information would be welcome. Have a good evening and Day. ATB A.J.-----

Oh, Yes and they have been retooled and are better than ever

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 13, 2013, 18:50 (4157 days ago) @ Alfred John

like all thing tactical they have gone through a recent spike, but seem to be dropping in price in the last few weeks.
mags both 20 and 30 are now Ruger Factory offering....hard to find and usually more expensive than and AR mag...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Oh, Yes and they have been retooled and are better than ever

by Otony, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:13 (4157 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have owned Mini14s in the past, and wouldn't mind doing so now, but man alive, it would be terrific if the darn things took an AR magazine, wouldn't it?

Otony

Magazines: Ramline managed to make a decent mag that works

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:21 (4157 days ago) @ Otony

in both guns...I had about 6 o 7 gave them to a friend with my last Mini14.

--

Magazines: Ramline managed to make a decent mag that works

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:37 (4157 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have one of those. I took measurements and modified a PMag to fit in my AC556. I cut the feed lips a bit too far so it'll feed three or four rounds then let two loose at once. This was on full auto; mind you so it may work in semi. As prices on Pmags come back down to reasonable I may try it agin on a fresh victim!!

as I disremember

by bob, Monday, May 13, 2013, 21:45 (4157 days ago) @ Slow Hand

CDNN had some Mini mags in their last online add.

local shop has used 14

by cr, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:11 (4157 days ago) @ Alfred John

Four hundredish

New ones are great. I bought one last fall

by stonewalrus, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:58 (4157 days ago) @ Alfred John

I think they have improved the accuracy and went to a faster rifling twist. I know I am a heretic but I prefer it to an AR15. Never liked the "toing" from the recoil buffer. The only down side is they do sling brass - just ask Rob Leahy...

Whjy just the other day I pulled ANOTHER piece of brass out

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 13, 2013, 20:18 (4157 days ago) @ stonewalrus

of my ear...:-D

--

Grease the buffer spring...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, May 13, 2013, 21:12 (4157 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Just sayin'... I have heard the buffer springs sound louder than the blanks.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Grease the buffer spring...

by Catoosa, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:03 (4156 days ago) @ Hobie

Yeah, and if you put a flash hider on one, MAKE SURE it is pinned on, not just "secured" with a setscrew. Don't ask me how I know that.

Thanks again for the Cease Fire, Jason, and for not snickering too loud while I went downrange to find it!

RSS Feed of thread