I just bought a Marlin Mountie Model 39A with Bushnell

by AkRay, Friday, May 10, 2013, 12:09 (4160 days ago)

scope sight unseen. The seller tells me it's about in about 85% condition and that it has a straight grip/lever. I think it'll be a good one. I hope I didn't overpay at $425. : ) Andrew, you know that Dave A. passes along good deals from time to time. Happy Friday to me!

Wow, good price! Good gun!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 10, 2013, 12:56 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Mounties and 39Ds are some of my favorites.

by Jared, Friday, May 10, 2013, 14:09 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

They are about the perfect size.

Nice!

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:44 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

Nm

I just bought a Marlin Mountie Model 39A with Bushnell

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, May 10, 2013, 17:52 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

You will love it - mine is great.....and a good price too.

Mounties are one of the best 22's you will ever find.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, May 10, 2013, 20:26 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

nm

The Bushnell scope ruined this rifle's lines so I took

by AkRay, Friday, May 10, 2013, 22:59 (4160 days ago) @ AkRay

if off. It also added unnecessary weight. The scope mount is a real nice one though, so I might put a scope on one of the other Marlins I have if the holes will line up properly. I might even try another scope or a small red dot on this rifle some time.

Someone removed the rear sight so it wouldn't interfere with the front objective bell of the scope. That's okay though because I have an all steel Lyman receiver sight and that went in place of the scope. It might be a 66A. It looks and feels much better now. The bluing is in really nice shape except for one spot on the barrel that was cleaned extra hard so that it's thin there now. I'm guessing someone got blood on it and didn't get it off right away.

This rifle has great wood, both in appearance and feel. It's much more trim than the wood on my standard 39A, plus it has factory sling hardware on it. This one will see the woods this fall for sure. I'll post some pictures if I can find my camera.

The Bushnell scope ruined this rifle's lines so I took

by Catoosa, Saturday, May 11, 2013, 11:14 (4159 days ago) @ AkRay

AkRay, you're gonna love that rifle. My Dad bought me one many years ago and it is still my go-to .22 when I need to plink something little bitty and far away. Mine had a mount but no scope, and I put a cheap .22 scope on it for a while, but like you it just didn't feel right to me. I got one of Marlin's folding semi-buckhorn rear sights to replace the stamped factory rear, and that's what it still wears.

I don't do horses much anymore, but the Mountie goes with me on my ATV a lot, in a Triple K leather scabbard.

RSS Feed of thread