I broke the pocket clip off of my...

by Glen, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 14:18 (4165 days ago)

...Buck Vantage Pro pocket knife. I emailed Buck to ask about getting a replacement clip so I could fix it, and was told they do not authorize ANY customer repairs, that I would need to send it in to get fixed, and with their current backlog it would be 8-10 weeks (and I would be charged for the repair if it was deemed "outside of warranty", which I felt was likely). I shipped the knife on April 24 (and with tracking confirmed that it was delivered to their Post Falls, ID address on the 25th). I was told that I would get an emailed evaluation/estimate as soon as my knife got the front of the line. I never heard anything back from them. Rather, on May 1, they shipped my repaired knife back to me, with an invoice indicating no charge. Don't let anyone tell you that customer service is dead! Good job Buck Knives!

[image]

I grudginly sent my battered Victorinox Hunter...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 14:25 (4165 days ago) @ Glen

back to the factory a couple of years ago, begging them not to change the handles because it had sentimental value. Three months later I received the knife completely rebuilt- inside the original handle scales. Again, no charge. When some folks say 'lifetime guarantee' that is exactly what they mean and Victorinox went the extra mile to make it pleasant for a 'nobody' customer.

They will have my business for as long as I need a knife.

I grudginly sent my battered Victorinox Hunter...

by pbob, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 19:57 (4165 days ago) @ Sarge

yup, sent my 1970's vintage Puma folder to their distributor in Portland OR to cure a sloppy hinge, no charge, VERY quick turn around tho it had to go back to the factory!

RSS Feed of thread