About 8:30 tonight a guy and two younger girls...

by rob @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:09 (4168 days ago)

Banged on my door. My wife goes to bed about 7:00 so I was a bit perturbed. I can hear them talking loudly on the porch making me more perturbed! I grab my .45 and tucked it behind my hip, cracked the door and told them to shut the heck up before they wake my wife and asked them what they want. He said they are from xyz (couldn't understand what he said) and said he needs to see my current and last months electric bill to look for billing discrepancies or some such. I told him he did NOT need to see my bill to which he replied yes he does and it doesn't matter who I get my electricity from because it all comes from Encore and they do the billing for all of it. To which, I replied "You don't need to see anything and if Encore has business with me they know how to contact me". To which he replied something like "All right, it's cool, chill out dude!" While they moved on. I responded by calling the local fuzz which got me a visit with an officer who was gonna try to find them. I hope they did.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:36 (4168 days ago) @ rob

Sounds like a scam, maybe worse...

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:39 (4168 days ago) @ Cherokee

That sounds like something that could have "gone south" in short order.

Checking to see if anyone home, or if they could get in the door???

Boy, he'd have been surprised...

by rob @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:46 (4168 days ago) @ RidinLou

To open that door and find me with a .45 in my hand ticked off because I have to shoot an idiot for being stupid when I'm trying to watch Swamp People!

South? The only thing I can think of worse than banging

by Fermin Garza, Friday, May 03, 2013, 20:11 (4167 days ago) @ RidinLou

on a door and having Leahy answer (probably in last weeks boxers) is maybe having the alpha female of a pride of lions come up on me while Im holding a burrito...

Did you have to bring up....

by rob @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 20:43 (4167 days ago) @ Fermin Garza

The burrito??? You Mexicans have all the good stuff: burritos, taco's (and I mean the real stuff folded in a REAL homemade tortilla!), señoritas, nickel plated 1911 38 Supers.... Just gotta keep rubbing it in dontcha:)

Margaritas!!!!

by Fermin Garza, Friday, May 03, 2013, 23:14 (4167 days ago) @ rob

Cant rub it in without a little salt and lime....

Sí-there you go again! :)

by rob @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 23:20 (4167 days ago) @ Fermin Garza

by rob @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:43 (4168 days ago) @ Cherokee

No doubt! I don't take to kindly to some peckerhead telling me I HAVE to show him an electric bill. Who knows what could have happened if I let him in my house. If it was an "or worse" he'd have been ventilated;) Figgered it best to call the authorities and let them know what was going on.

I hope they did, too

by FOG, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:40 (4168 days ago) @ rob

I don't know which is harder to believe: That some people think others will fall for crap like that and they actually try to pull it off, or that some people actually do fall for it.

Here's hoping they* fall, and hard...

* Just in case, I mean the creeps, not the cops.

--
[image]

Amen!

by rob @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:47 (4168 days ago) @ FOG

My sentiments exactly.

I hope so too! Inn 97 had nearly the same thing pounding on

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 21:49 (4168 days ago) @ rob

my steel security screen at 300 AM. We had JUST moved in the place 2 days before. Guy has a black satin jacket with some sort of badge emblem. I crack the door 45 behind my leg...he states he lives across the street and needs 6 bucks for cab fare...I tell him to get lost. He leaves...tried it and the neighbor's next door. My neighbor , a retired AF SP, pulls his his gun, a .25 ACP, and makes the perp lay prone on his driveway wand waits for the cops...
Very glad you didn't have to shoot anyone tonight! And I too hope that they are quickly brought to justice.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

If they were legit they would not be out at 8:30

by rob @, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 22:06 (4168 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

And every time someone was trying to sell me electric service they knew something about me...as in TXU saying we know you left us in 2004 and we really want to get your business back....and it is always still DAYLIGHT! I'm gonna talk to my neighbors tomorrow and see if he knocked on their doors and go from there and warn our neighborhood watch group.

by Drago, Friday, May 03, 2013, 14:14 (4167 days ago) @ rob

I had a guy try to sell me an alarm system. My house was a prime location for their sign to be placed in the yard so I'd qualify for a discount.(The house was in the middle of the block)He just needed to come in and look around to see how much hardware to order. I told him no and called the police. I saw them talking to him up the street. No, he wasn't with an alarm company.

It's "Fort Homestead" anymore.......

by John Meeker @, West End of Lake Erie, Friday, May 03, 2013, 16:56 (4167 days ago) @ Drago

somedays I think crack, smack, and junk, & coke and all that poison oughta be dumped in bushel baskets on every street coner in the US. "Come take as much as you want." After it's all over the rest of us can get back to making a living with other honest folks. BTW, Wall Street and DC should get extre 'helpings'. Jus' sayin'.

I think that's a great idea!

by rob @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 19:27 (4167 days ago) @ John Meeker

RSS Feed of thread