It's that time of year again - website hosting, etc

by webservant @, Saturday, January 07, 2012, 15:46 (4652 days ago)

Well, guys, it's that time of year again. We've got a link up on the front page of the website, www.sixshootercommunity.com , where folks can click to donate via debit/credit card or (hack, pttui) paypal. At the moment I've not made arrangements for check donations, so please bear with me. Since I'm out of the country and running short on time (this is going to be one VERY busy year, and its already started) then the paypal/debit card/credit card works best as that is how I make the payment to the hosting company. The link will take you to a secure site where you can donate as works best for you. We need to raise $280 by the end of the month. This takes care of the hosting for the following websites:

www.sixshootercommunity.com
www.sixshootercommunity.org
www.pistolpackingpreachers.org
www.christiansixgunners.org
www.confederatesixgunners.com
www.leverguns.com
www.milesfortis.com
www. t-s-m-s.org

and, of course, this forum. Anything above and beyond the cost of hosting gets used to maintain the domain names of the above mentioned family of websites. As soon as a) the amount is reached and b) I am able to ascertain that fact from e-mails received, etc, I'll take the donation page back off the website and post here. Also, as I'm able, I'll put up a tally each day (IF I'm able to connect to the 'net) so y'all can keep tabs of where we are. If each person signed onto this forum sent $5.00 then we'd not only meet the hosting needs but also pay several years hosting on the domain names. Remember, these are NOT person sites, they are held in trust for the community that's been hanging out on the "Gord Board" and now here over the past several years.

Thank you for helping to maintain these sites and this forum.

Paul, thank you for taking so much of your time to keep it

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, January 07, 2012, 18:56 (4652 days ago) @ webservant

rolling along.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Otony, Saturday, January 07, 2012, 20:09 (4652 days ago) @ webservant

Done sir, and thank you!

Thanks Paul! I can't put into words how much

by brionic @, Saturday, January 07, 2012, 23:36 (4652 days ago) @ webservant

these sites and this motley crew mean to me.

Not that I'm not wordy. The Fiery Redhead sets me straight on that.

Thanks for all your work, and to everyone who keeps this place - and the others - friendly to a kook like me.

Yes, thank you, Paul

by cubrock, Sunday, January 08, 2012, 06:29 (4652 days ago) @ webservant

ntxt

Thank You!

by FOG, Sunday, January 08, 2012, 10:46 (4652 days ago) @ webservant

:-)

--
[image]

Done - thank you for the hard work

by stonewalrus, Sunday, January 08, 2012, 19:50 (4651 days ago) @ webservant

Ntxt

Sunday evening update

by webservant @, Sunday, January 08, 2012, 21:03 (4651 days ago) @ webservant

Well, at 9:57 p.m. Eastern Standard Time we have $371.12 - thanks to the generosity of several individuals and one in particular. I won't blow their cover, but DO make sure and patronize our community's business men. They produce great products and good prices and have excellent customer relations. Yep, we've got a great bunch of guys here. Anyway, I did not expect us to get this far this quick and know that a lot of y'all won't be in 'til Monday. So I'm going to leave it up 'til tomorrow night so everyone has a chance. Funds over the hosting needs will be used to secure domain names into the future, prices go up the 15th of Jan so we can lock in savings.

Thank you to all who make it possible to keep these sites up and running. I'm proud to be part of this community.

Done and thank you Paul for your time and efforts. nm

by Woodswalker ⌂ @, the Great North'Wet', Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:44 (4650 days ago) @ webservant

nm

--
Reheating pizza – sheesh. Totally destroys the delicate flavor.

A Smith and Wesson beats 5 aces...

Woodswalker AKA AaronE

by Frank McClelland @, LOWELL Michigan, Monday, January 09, 2012, 16:52 (4650 days ago) @ webservant

Paul I went to the site, and could not log in . could you help me out?? I think I am Registered, been with you all senice 1999 or 2000 . Frank McClelland AKA fivegunner :-D

In just a little over 48 hours, the yearly drive is over...

by webservant @, Monday, January 09, 2012, 17:43 (4650 days ago) @ webservant

$461.86 is the final total. We're out of town so it'll be a few days before I can put up the "This is where it went" report. Thank you all for pitching in and helping to keep the doors open, figuratively speaking.

RSS Feed of thread