PPCMs - pistol packin church members

by stonewalrus, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 13:02 (4172 days ago)

Our preacher was discussing Ehud in class this morning and said concealed carry was common even in Bible times. He went on to say he knew of several church members who were carrying and that was ok. He also said a preacher friend told him he had found out one of his members carried and he was appalled. Our preacher told him that he knew he had members and that was a good thing. His buddy promptly shut up! I do wonder how many little old ladies were freaked out in class this morning. I am now curious who the OTHERS who are packing are...

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 13:11 (4172 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Could be one or more of the little old ladies.

Indeed. I have a cousin, in her mid '80s now, that has

by John K., Sunday, April 28, 2013, 13:39 (4172 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

carried an ancient S&W 32 Ladysmith in her pocket since her husband was off to war. WWII, that is. I heard the story when I was a young kid in the early '70s. Has carried it everywhere since, including church.

My now-deceased stepfather and mother would be around the same age. They both carried/carry 38s snubs and didn't remove them when they went to church.

Folks didn't care much one way or another about CCW permits in rural SW GA. I expect they still don't.

Was it your stepfather . . .

by Cannon @, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 14:18 (4172 days ago) @ John K.

you told of having his 38 on him at the hospital after a car accident?

Don't recall the details, just the nurse's response to you.

It was, he and my mother had been rear-ended at a light.

by John K., Sunday, April 28, 2013, 14:33 (4172 days ago) @ Cannon

He was beat up pretty bad and in his late 70s at the time. They were trying to x-ray him for a broken hip when I arrived at the ER and there, plain as day on the x-ray, was his 38 S&W Mod 49 in his right front pocket. Nurse said "OMG, he has a gun!" (Don't think she was from around here). I said, "I'll take care of it"; walked over to my stepfather, retrieved it and put it in my pocket. Nurse said "Now you have a gun!!"

I said "No, now I have TWO." :-D

REALLY wish I had asked for that x-ray and kept it for show-and-tell...

THAT sir, was the correct answer:-)

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:02 (4172 days ago) @ John K.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

better to ask who DOESN'T carry everywhere...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:03 (4172 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I wanna ask em how they know they won't need it?

--

I have a good friend who HAS a carry permit who was

by stonewalrus, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:24 (4172 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Discussing when to carry. My wife says if I have my pants on, I'm carrying - not quite with work but if I'm off the clock, I'm packin. He considers it uncomfortable. As Clint Smith (I think) said - a gun should be comforting, not comfortable. Part of it is just getting used to it too.

It was, he and my mother had been rear-ended at a light.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:32 (4172 days ago) @ John K.

I love that story! I had forgotten who told it, but have retold it several times!!

He needs a better holster and some motivation; next time

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:38 (4172 days ago) @ stonewalrus

you see him smack him across the face, knee him in the groin and rib kick him a few times...steal his wallet...Some folks need to get mugged before they get serious about self defense;-)

--

I've heard Catoosa say many a time - carrying a gun is

by stonewalrus, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 16:21 (4172 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Like carrying a parachute. You hope you never need it but if you do, you need it real bad!
I have another friend who took the carry class with me 12 years ago and has NEVER carried or even bought an appropriate gun to carry! Another one of these I shoulda bought after it's too late!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, April 28, 2013, 21:52 (4172 days ago) @ stonewalrus

We have an official church policy for security - 6 CCW types. Church is paying for the CCW training.

LMAO

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, April 29, 2013, 07:56 (4171 days ago) @ John K.

Timely bit of meyhem...even in Church...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 29, 2013, 09:28 (4171 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I am seeing more and more of that. Good on them.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 29, 2013, 10:37 (4171 days ago) @ Cherokee

I know of a couple synagogs in which the Rabbi is anti gun and anti self defense but the members have created their own ad hoc armed security teams... the "well educated are also well indoctrinated.

--

I do and a few others in our church...

by rob @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 21:12 (4167 days ago) @ stonewalrus

My preacher knows it, approves and makes a point to let folks know some folks do. Names don't get dropped from the pulpit but those of us who do, pretty much know who does. We are very gun friendly.

Exactly!

by rob @, Friday, May 03, 2013, 21:24 (4167 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

If you can't carry at least a J Frame 38 VERY comfortably you are either a sissy girl or doing something VERY wrong. I've carried real guns since I started my CHL career 14 or 15 years ago and by real I mean 99.999% of that time has been spent with 5" 1911's (the most), followed equally by Beretta 92 FS, 4" GP100, 4" 686, 4" 629, 4" 625 Mountain Gun 45 Colt and now alternating between a P226, P220C and 4" GP100. I just can't seem to get to far away from that GP100:)

RSS Feed of thread