great pictures! I was stationed in Bad Kreuznack W. Germany

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 22, 2013, 11:12 (4178 days ago)

Many of the building had pockmarks from bullet's impact. One famous restaurant has a cannon ball lodged above the door. This was a remnant of the 7 years war. BK was a Romanized hot bath center, so it has seen warfare for nearly 3,000 years... I often wondered about all the strife that must have happened there.

http://www.guns.com/2013/02/27/ghosts-of-history-found-wwii-photographs-superimposed-on...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

great pictures! I was stationed in Bad Kreuznack W. Germany

by Charles, Monday, April 22, 2013, 16:08 (4178 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Schneider the lens maker grinds some of the best lens in the world there. Nobody can grind a lens like the Krauts.

gI walked by Schneider Optik every morning on my way to

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 22, 2013, 16:44 (4178 days ago) @ Charles

the MP station.

--

Rob....I was in Baumholder for a bit.....

by Bud, Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 07:57 (4177 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

used to drive down to BK to get warm. Had lot of fun helping harvest the grapes...we'd load up a couple deuce 'n halfs with GI's and go down to pick. They fed us lunch and there was always plenty of beer.

Our compay HQ was in Baumholder...cold dreary place

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 10:24 (4177 days ago) @ Bud

I was So happy to get sent to BK! Town of girls and bars! and sunshine and grapes and oh yeah the harvest and festivals every weekend.

--

Coldest place I ever been.....

by Bud, Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 11:39 (4177 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

then or since. Guard duty on those missile sites was down right misery. I was overjoyed to get sent to 'Nam just so's I could get warm again.

RSS Feed of thread