So..... Anybody want a Trapdoor Springfield?

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:05 (4178 days ago)

From what I can find out about it, serial number puts it at 1885 mfg. It appears to be a rifle that had a carbine barrel put on it. There are OLD vice marks on the barrel, but they match the patina on the rest of it. No front sight.

It's an antique, so I can mail it to you. Is $400 out of line?

I'm going to drag it around with me today, see if I can learn anything more about it. I have a couple items on layaway, might try to trade it. Email me at 5shot44@gmail.com if interested.

[image]

So..... Anybody want a Trapdoor Springfield?

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:15 (4178 days ago) @ Andrew

Looks like a Buffington rear sight. How is the bore? Might know of someone interested if its shootable.

I'll buy it if iot's a shooter.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:21 (4178 days ago) @ Andrew

I think I am second behind Jhenry.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

4 groove, looks okay, can see rifling from throat to muzzle.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:23 (4178 days ago) @ Wildcat

Story on this is that it was pulled out of a closet when cleaning out the house of a deceased father-in-law.

I don't see why it wouldn't be shootable. Locks up tight.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:24 (4178 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by Andrew, Monday, April 22, 2013, 09:57

I'll see if I can get anyone to check it for sure today. You're in line.

Had it checked out, green light to shoot. NM

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, April 22, 2013, 13:18 (4178 days ago) @ Andrew

RSS Feed of thread